Why do I bother, Ill stick to OcUK from now on i think

Soldato
I noticed the lack of USB cables with printers, the highstreet shops don't hesitate to ask if you want to buy their £20 gold-plated USB 2.0 cable, of course most people go along with it because they don't know any better.

Has to be the biggest scam in history, gold-plated connector, it's a digital connection, completely pointless apart from looking pretty. Also how does a USB 2.0 cable differ from any other USB cable? Go into a store and ask this and you'll probably get some rediculous reply.

Man of Honour
Also how does a USB 2.0 cable differ from any other USB cable? Go into a store and ask this and you'll probably get some rediculous reply.
Because the USB 2.0 standard includes a specification for the cables? Perhaps? Not that I've ever had any problems using whatever cable comes to hand (admittedly most of which came with USB 2.0 devices).

As for that printer, sounds like a customer return to me. If the box says there should be a cable, then there should be a cable. If not, then you can't expect one (because, as others have said, it's the norm to not ship printer cables - chances are not entirely unlikely you'll have one from a previous printer anyway).

Soldato
Printers don't come with USB cables but oddly scanners and cameras almost always do. I've never really understood that one. A £30 Canon scanner can come with one but a £200 HP printer won't!

Soldato
Printers don't come with USB cables but oddly scanners and cameras almost always do. I've never really understood that one. A £30 Canon scanner can come with one but a £200 HP printer won't!

I think the assumption is that everyone has a printer and therefore is replacing one and has a lead. But a lot less people have scanners/cameras. I think thats the assumption anyway. Saves on making cables to sit around in the drawer.

Soldato
Printers have not come with a USB lead for many years.

Yup, Canon I bought from OcUK a few months ago didn't come with one, but was expecting that so bought a cable at the same time.

@ OP: About 5-years ago I had problems with an OcUK rival (mainly the fact that they only offered **ity Link delivery which suck in my area) so have switched to only ordering from OcUK and haven't looked back since :cool:

Soldato
Hopefully not in an enclosed public space.

Hang your head in shame! :p

I managed to get the cable free from them after contacting someone higher up, I find because their operation level staff have such little knowledge they think they can fob customers off that have queries.

Back
Top Bottom