buying help please

Soldato
hey

well im not the best when it comes to computers so hoping for a bit of help from u guys/girls, ive set up a rig what ill be buying at the end of next month but not sure if ive got everything right, heres a pic to show what im planning to get:

endofnextmonth.png

is everything there? and will this run all the latest games and games to come on full? ill be attaching it to a 37" and 19" tv/moniter

thanks to who ever can help me out

Man of Honour
Everything there is compatible although I'm personally not overkeen on the case, an Antec P182 might be a better choice. You could change the PSU for a Corsair HX 520w easily and the DVDRW for a SATA model if it isn't already. You will also find that the retail heatsink comes with thermal paste/pad pre-applied so you don't really need the AS5 as well. :)

Soldato
OP
hey thanks for reply

ive been told to get get the antec900 because of how good it is for cooling/ventilation and i did originally pick "akasa ultra quiet 500w" but i got told that probally wouldn't be anough for the system but i would be happy to get Corsair HX 520w if that does the job, changed the DVDRW to a sata now aswell and thanks for the tip about the AS5 (i didnt even know what it was for anyway just seen it on other systems lol)

thanks

EDIT: just been reading a few threads and 1 is saying you cant use 4GB ram on XP so does this mean ill have to use the godawful vista?

if so which vista?

thanks again

Last edited:
Associate
Vista isnt god awful, its pretty good. Only thing to to make sure is that it'll definately run your software, most stuff will be fine. XP can use 4gb of RAM though, I read somewhere that it only shows as 3.5, but it'll definately use all 4. To get the memory cheaper you could ditch the OCZ and get 2 packs of the geil stuff thats on special this week.

I have heard some bad stories about those akasa PSUs failing so I'd go for the Corsair if the budget will stretch, but the OCZ will be fine too I'd expect.

Soldato
OP
heard a lot of bad storys about vista tho, if XP uses all 4GB ide be very happy to stay on that even tho i wont be able to use dx10 will i? but not to bothered about that yet anyway

and im glad you brought up the RAM thing i thought the board could only support 2 sticks but after another look i seen it has 4 ill deffo be changing that then

thanks ben

Associate
heard a lot of bad storys about vista tho, if XP uses all 4GB ide be very happy to stay on that even tho i wont be able to use dx10 will i? but not to bothered about that yet anyway

and im glad you brought up the RAM thing i thought the board could only support 2 sticks but after another look i seen it has 4 ill deffo be changing that then

thanks ben

Yeah, stick with XP for now, you can always upgrade later, save some cash now. Thats what I'm doing. When a few more DX10 games are out I'll think about it, probably middle of next year

Back
Top Bottom