Weird Ubuntu 7.10 prob

Soldato
For some reason... Not sure why, other than there was an update earlier...

But on re-booting (the wife booted to windows so I had to re-boot back) I appear to have two copies of the same drive showing on the desktop (and in the My Computer thinngy)...
Desktop.jpg

When I try to remove the extra one, it Un-mounts the volume and leaves the other icon, which can't be deleted..

Does anyone know how I might sort this?..

Cheers
Simon.

Associate
For some reason... Not sure why, other than there was an update earlier...

But on re-booting (the wife booted to windows so I had to re-boot back) I appear to have two copies of the same drive showing on the desktop (and in the My Computer thinngy)...
Desktop.jpg

When I try to remove the extra one, it Un-mounts the volume and leaves the other icon, which can't be deleted..

Does anyone know how I might sort this?..

Cheers
Simon.

happened to me too - using a usb stick...dont know why. It was solved by removing the usb stick and rebooting.. probably another Gutsy hickup..

Soldato
You could always crack a nut with a sledgehammer and remove mounted drive icons altogether? At least if the reboot doesn't fix it, and pending a bugfix from Ubuntu/Canonical.

Right click the menu bar, choose edit menus. Go to the System Tools submenu and put a tick next to Configuration Editor. Close the menu editor down, and open Applications>System Tools>Configuration Editor.

Navigate to Apps>Nautilus>Desktop and take the tick out of "Mounted Volumes". You can still access the mounted drives/partitions by typing the address in Nautilus (eg /media/sda1 or /media/DATA).

Back
Top Bottom