Is 80 degrees too hot at load?

Associate
Well my e2140 is at 3ghz currently and has been running orthos 2004 for 2 hours without failure, but the temps for the cores are sticking around the 80 degrees point! Is this too hot? I mean orthos hasn't failed so i'd assume not.... Could someone give their opinion? Spec in sig

Soldato
Well my e2140 is at 3ghz currently and has been running orthos 2004 for 2 hours without failure, but the temps for the cores are sticking around the 80 degrees point! Is this too hot? I mean orthos hasn't failed so i'd assume not.... Could someone give their opinion? Spec in sig

I'd get nervous when my CPU goes anywhere near 60c let alone 80c. Way too hot for my liking.

Associate
OP
i've been playing crysis for the past hour or so and thats probably the most taxing thing i'll be doing and its not had any problems and the temps were down at 55ish

Associate
OP
Agreed, somethings not right, especially for just 1.38v. Either you havnt got the block on right, not tight enough, or too much paste.

Its my case, its so bad its just not circulating the air enough i'll get a new one in a couple of weeks. I've got the side panel off now and its a bit better now.

Associate
I'd be reseating my heat sink if I saw temps like that. If I saw them again, I'd be lapping the HS.

I don't think you should be seeing 80degrees at those voltages...

Associate
google lapping, its where you sand the surface of the HeatSink (HS) so that it is perfectly flat and shiny. This makes sure the heat transfer is as efficient as possible

Back
Top Bottom