G15 - V1 vs V2

Soldato
Can you use the macro buttons to select differnt weapons in css? Like when you click b you can have your favourte guns there. Can you set up a g key for that?

I have my buy keys set up for CSS on the G keys, you just make a macro to buy through the console. Ignoring the lame buy menu :)

Soldato
ok, the v2 has lost some weight, toned its body, and removed excess wastage

sounds good to me, though the orange is perhaps not the best choice of backlight colour

saying that i was never a fan of the v1, didnt need the screen, and didnt need any of those macro keys, so never looked twice at a g11 or 15

I use my gkeys mainly for online banking and passwords..... just hope my pc doent get stolen..lol:D

Associate
V1 anyday, Why the hell did they come up with orange keys! Waht a nightmare!! Cool blue is the only way to go.

If they had gone blue with the v2 maybe we could waste our time with the debate but they didnt so long live V1 in my humble opinion. BTW maybe the V1's will sell for a lot more when they cant be bought anymore :)

Deks

Soldato
I love my v1. Even if v2 came with blue lighting, I still wouldn't switch. I find the g keys quite handy. I have a bunch of photoshop shortcuts macro'd and a lot of common css bits for my job as well.
I don't really find them useful for FPS games but when I used to play DDO, I found them quite handy. I had them macro'd to select a member of my party, cast a heal spell on them and then automatically target the nearest mob. Each of the three groups were then a different heal spell. Worked out well and made me a great battle cleric as I could heal and fight simultaniously quite well.

I work from home and spend my entire day typing code and have zero problems with the G15's keys. I type at the same 80+wpm that I did with my old Microsoft keyboard. My fiancee is a scarily fast typer at 140+wpm and I don't think she has any problems with the keys either.

Last edited:
Soldato
V1 for sure had mine now for well over a year. pleasure to use. only crip with it some slight black paint rubing off the space bar and w key. But was told just to inform them and they send you out a replament key

Associate
Methinks the only reasons for not buying the v2 are:

1. You prefer blue backlighting.
2. You would regularly use the G keys.

Other than those potential quibbles, everything about the newer revision seems more refined...

Associate
I really prefer the blue back lighting but due to the small amount of space on my desk the v1 isn't an option for me and i hate the look of all those g keys :(. Maybe if i wait they might release a blue version of the v2.

Really need to replace my ageing Logitech internet navigator special edition.

Soldato
It makes no difference what so ever. So keep the :rolleyes:

If you do see a difference you either have a really old PC (like a P2 or something) or there is something very wrong.
i dont want your eyes lol
amd3700+
there was a performance hit when i played an online fps game....keeping a high stable fps was needed in that game.

maybe with todays dual core/quad core cpu's and the latest drivers things have changed(i havent tested with my current setup or drivers).

going back just over a year keeping the drivers installed just caused slow down...i did fps tests with and without the drivers....was almost a 10%hit.

Associate
Prefer the look of the V2 myself - looks sleeker.

Been using a Razer Tarantula for the past few weeks. Responsive in games (when it works) but I cant type on it to save my life. I say 'when it works' because its unstable and seems to have a life of its own....so after a replacement really. Something like this would do nicely.

Permabanned
Didn't even know there was a v2 out. On first appearance it looks nice, but I dislike the orange. No volume control is a minus, I use mine all the time and I like the ability to close the screen too.

Back
Top Bottom