Lacie 500GB USB2.0 External - Only £53.99 +VAT (£63.44 inc. VAT)

Associate
How come this one isn't listed on the Lacie site?

it is not available to buy directly from lacie, because of the cracking price of the mec's and low price of the finnished product lacie are not allowed to publish this on the website. The fact that ocuk pushes that low price to its customers and doesnt just make extra margin is a feather in there cap....

Associate
SLACKWORTH - I want to take one of these to canada and need to be sure that the adapter allows 110v 60hz, most of my adapters take 100-240v. Does this?

Associate
cheers mel

anyone know if it draws any power at all from a laptop, im assuming it doesnt its just my laptop is very poor for supplying any power to usn devices.

Associate
havent bought anything from here for ages and was hoping that the standard £8 delivery maybe would have changed, tis a shame.

Associate
turn it upside down then at the rear there are two slots, with a small screw driver use it as a lever to pull up the black plastic rear cover, then slide of the top

Suspended
Whats the small hole in the front for?

Do you have to turn it on or does it power up with the computer?

Also are these usb2 drives quick enough to play movies, mps and games?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its powered by an external PSU. Connected via a USB A --> USB B cable (included), the same type most printers connect.

Its switched on all the time provided the PSU is plugged in.

Plays movies and music fine, not sure how it'd fair with games.

Small hole in the front is for resetting the unit I think.

Soldato
Once the samsung drive is removed will the unit go back together again with a different drive in it? Or do you have to destroy the casing to get the drivbe out?

Id probabvly use the samsung as my main boot drive and put a maxtoe 120Gb SATA in the caddy

Soldato
I've bought one of these today ( Went down and collected, Saw Yewen with his little headset on :D )

Is it a silly idea to leave these plugged in all the time ?

EDIT - Just took the back plate off mine and slipped the top cover back,

I've got a HD501LJ :D >> 16mb Version ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom