Godfather
"Worth selling your house for" - Tiff Needell - Autocar 2002

911t2.jpg

Top Speed 191.0 mph
0 - ¼ mile 11.9 secs
Lateral Acceleration 0.96g
0 - 60 mph 3.6 secs
0 - 100 - 0 mph 13.02 secs
Configuration Twin Turbo Opposed 6-Cylinder ('flat 6')
Valvetrain DOHC 4 valves / cyl
Displacement 3600 cc / 219.7 cu in
Power 450 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque 457.0 ft lbs @ 4600 rpm (est)
Bhp / Liter 125 bhp

motor_foto3_zoom.gif

"It hurts me to say this, but of all the cars you can buy today... this is the best" - Jeremy Clarkson BBC TV

The Porsche 911 Twin Turbo X50 is :-

"Britain's Fastest Car A to B" - Autocar, June 2003
"Fastest Car 0-100-0, 13.5secs" - Road and Track, August 2003

I am very pleased to say that I will own a brand new one in October this year, and I can't quite believe it :D

Soldato
SHCTOP!! This thread isnt ready yet !

for it to be completely ready.. you need to allow me to take it for a quick spin round the block to ensure these claims of good performance... im sure 190 odd through the a50 tunnel by the meir (sp) would create somewhat of a nice sound ;)

Soldato
I hope it's black and has anthracite wheels. If it doesn't, I'll be forced to drive up to Stoke and slap you with a wet fish. Black is the only colour the Turbos should be allowed to be sold in. :p

Associate
Oh how much I now hate you :p

That is the sweetest car ever :) Definately need tons of pics and you should take it on the track at some point for a blast!

Sam

Sam

Soldato
03x50_5.jpg

The 911 turbo has the most powerful braking system ever fitted to a production car.

The system, designed to withstand extreme punishment, features four-piston monobloc aluminum fixed caliper brakes at front and back with 330 mm cross drilled internally vented discs, four channel ABS and a 10" vacuum brake booster.

The 911 turbo has a 3.6 ltr flat six engine combined with twin exhaust driven turbochargers arranged in parallel. Air is routed through an air filter housing the twin compressors. Here the air is compressed and passed to the engine via twin intercoolers.

Optimum boost pressure is regulated by the engine management system, which in extreme driving, will request a higher boost pressure upstream of the throttle valve. Consequently the turbochargers will already be operating at a higher speed when the throttle valve is opened - negating the 'turbo lag' so often afflicting other systems

The unique four wheel drive layout of the 911Turbo exists to maximise traction. Power is distributed between the front and rear axles by a 'viscous coupling' (silicone fluid between two plates). As soon as the front and rear axles begin to rotate at different speeds, varying amounts of torque is transferred from the faster rotating plate to the slower. At least 5% of the power is always directed to the front wheels, increasing to 40% in extreme driving - on track for instance

http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/11/pf/autos/review_porsche_911_Turbo/

:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cor blimey :)

You've only had the 911 C4 for a while!

Looks utterly, utterly amazing...

Going to keep it more than 5 minuites? :D

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Originally posted by Beepcake
I thought the waiting list was much longer than that, did you buy someone elses place?
It is but I phoned evertwhere and got lucky. Dealers often swap allocations.

Soldato
Wtf is the X50? Is that a power upgrade or something?
/edit: yes. Now I have seent the other thread :rolleyes:

What options are you getting Spie?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom