TF2 problem

Soldato
OP
go to north bridge settings maybe

i don't really know how your bios works, it will be different to mine!

hhmmmm, having trouble finding anything to do with timings any idea what sub-heading it might be in?

Tried this,

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...DS3&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

A very obscure thing about this motherboard is that to adjust memory timings you need to press Control F1 at the setup main menu. Only after doing this memory timings options will be available on the same screen shown on Figure 5.

Still no joy.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
screeny off my BIOS, apparently press Ctrl and F1 brings up a new menu in M.I.T for the timings, but I can't see it

P1010366.jpg

Forgot to mention I don't think its a hardware issue as I played HL2 about a month ago on vista, and it played fine.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's not right! atm they are 5-5-5-18

according to what you said you had, they should be 4-4-4-12

You need to change DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) to Manuel and then set it to 4-4-4-12 in that order, then leave it and save setting restart etc!

Soldato
OP
Soldato
-K- confirmed the timings should be 4-4-4-12 on the previous page.

As suggested you need to change the "DRAM Timing Selectable" on that screen to "Manual" and scroll down and change these settings. The DRAM voltage may be in there, otherwise it will be in the BIOS somewhere, look for any overclocking options.

Soldato
OP
masterk, this is the bottom off that BIOS screeny, you might be able to see what option it is that I need.

P1010368.jpg

Iam guessing it might be 'system voltage control'?

Thanks again

Soldato
OP
Changed the timings to 4-4-4-12, not changed 'DRAM voltage' as I can't find the option.

Tried running TF2, crashed as norm then a blue screen something like 'blue screen more or less iqual' didnt see it quick enough as it rebooted.

Tried Crysis, then this blue screen,

P1010372.jpg

then managed to get into the desktop then hung with this screeny

P1010371.jpg

then the above blue screen now keeps coming up just before I get into the desktop. :(

Soldato
Ok set the timings back to "Automatic". Im not familiar with this brand of board, but there should be a setting in there somewhere set to "Auto" or 1.89V. You REALLY need to find it, it will be in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
dram voltage is ddr2 overvoltage control. You set it to +x above the default voltage for the board. (not sure what that is). My geil 5300 is overvolted by a bit and timings are at 4-4-4-12 iirc. :)

Permabanned
Also posted in the RAM section, http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=10410348&posted=1#post10410348

Ive manually changed the timings to 4-4-4-12 and upped the voltage to to +0.3v.

Just booted up, and no blue screen. Will leave pc for hour or so see if its stable then try TF2.

Thanks for all the help on this :)

check stability using orthos! Download it then stress test your ram for an hour maybe :) if you don't get a bsod or errors, which hopefully you won't then its all good :)

or you can do what i would do and skip straight to what you want to do and play tf2! As long as its stable enough to play it then its stable enough to use :)

Soldato
OP
If you go into the Event viewer after you have a crash have a look under tha 'Application' and the 'System' logs and see if anything is flagged up with a Red error icon.

Just tried TF2 again, guess what.....same problem :mad:

Looking in Event viewer in system this is shown,

Capture-5.jpg

Dunno if its much help?!

Will try the Orthos testing next then!

Permabanned
If it helps, my X1950pro tends to crap out about 85C under load. Try giving it a dust with some compressed air to get load temps down.

Permabanned
You must have a lot of dust i assume, because your card should easily hack tf2 without breaking a sweat, im running an ati x1600xt! Lets hope its an easy to fix dust problem, also check to see if the fan even spins round! That would be bad lol

Back
Top Bottom