Poppys

Caporegime
Like me, not for any reason can just never find the things.

funny you should say that, we found some war vets this afternoon, but my wife was saying earlier in the week that should hadnt seen anyone and neither had i!

i generally just empty my change, which is normally gold and silver as i put my copper in a pot at home!

Associate
The first time each year I see a poppy seller I simply donate the cash content of my wallet at that moment, least I can do.

Associate
There is a large mobile RBL trailer/stand in front of St Pauls Cathedral at the moment, I popped £1 in the tin yesterday morning but will put a few more in later as the kids want some.

Incidently, I am proud to wear my poppy but do it out of choice. Everyone on TV seems to wear one and it seems to be part of the uniform at the moment. Anyone else noticed that?

Soldato
I'm going to go out on limb and say only a very small proportion goes to WWI veterans.

I think I read a story the other day that said the last one had just died.

I usually give a couple of pounds.

edit: quick wiki says there are still 3 left in the UK.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think I read a story the other day that said the last one had just died.

I usually give a couple of pounds.

edit: quick wiki says there are still 3 left in the UK.

And I'm pretty sure they all work for fhm as centurions, (agony aunts, but kick ass)

Said in the free one i got at freshers week :D

Permabanned
I put real money in - the stuff you can fold. I wouldn't like to see less than £1 go in from anyone.
I'm currently serving though, so it's a big thing for me... I normally get through about 4/5 each year, too! They always get bent.

Back
Top Bottom