Do you need an internet connection to install Vista

LAS

LAS

Associate
Hi , got a mate who has just bought Vista and he wants it installed , he has no internet connection . Will Vista activate ok.

LAS

LAS

Associate
OP
Well he had a go with Vista and doesnt like it (lucky me) , if i buy it off him will i have any probs registering it , i know he phoned up and registered it in his name , is it transferable.
Its the full retail premium version.

Soldato
Well he had a go with Vista and doesnt like it (lucky me) , if i buy it off him will i have any probs registering it , i know he phoned up and registered it in his name , is it transferable.
Its the full retail premium version.

Registering and activating are two entirely different things.
If you are asking if you'll have any problems activating it then no.
It will probably activate fine online especially as the first time it was activated was over the phone.
Worst case is you'll need to phone activate as well - will take you all of a couple of minutes.

So long as your friend removes it totally from his machine before selling it to you then you can buy it off him without any problems - the retail versions can be sold on quite legally.

LAS

LAS

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys , since he couldnt update it most of his stuff never worked ( i stopped answering his phone calls after a couple of weeks) . Will give it a go myself for a 1/3 what he payed for it (good reason to keep receipts).

Back
Top Bottom