I do not normally like to do this but here goes..

Associate
A little bit of advice if you kind people of OCUK forums would be so kind, and yes its a relationship one.. *waits for moans*

Recently i went out this girl from work, we out for about 5 days before she called it off because it was too soon after another relationship, i was pretty gutted as we had got on so well and everything. She says she really likes me, but doesnt want me waiting around for her when she doesnt know when she will be ready!

As we work together we see each other every weekday, and everytime we talk and we pass i get that weird feeling in my stomach.

I really really really like her, but ive learnt from past relationships not to push! But i have all these feelings which are stuck inside and i just want to tell her but i dont know if i should and how she will react. I have all the time in the world for her!

Thanks in advance,
C

Last edited:
Associate
If she thinks that it's too soon after her previous relationship, then that's fine. Just give her some time and see how she feels in a few weeks/months.

Soldato
My advice would be to be patient, dont let it get you down it'll just feel like shes stringing you along and you'll end up resenting, maybe even hating her.

Ask her out for a drink after work as friends, spend more time with her and see where it leads without actually telling her you're doing so. Just be careful not to fall into "the friend zone".

Soldato
Step one: Calm down!

Step two: If it is meant to be, it's meant to be - you can't force someone to like you, maybe you need to just stay friendly and give her some space, I think she would find it wierder if you just stop talking to her full stop.

Step three: ???

Step four: PROFIT!!!

Rich

Caporegime
I hate to be the one to say this, but she's probably lying and saying all this "oh it's too soon" crap as a polite way of giving you the brush off. Sorry, but that's my reading of the situation based on your post alone.

If disagree and think you realistically have a chance then do not give up and do not give her time - keep pressuring her into going out with you, say it's just as friends blah blah etc and then convince her of your winning personality and impressive prospects. Remember that nice guys finish last.

Soldato
Move on, find someone else. She's likely to be like that for a long time. And it has the potential to get very complicated and messy. What with the feelings flying around.

Soldato
Like these guys said, give it a while but if she's still saying the same thing next month then I say go out with another girl (as friends) and subtley let her find out. Then she'll realise what she's missing ;)

Associate
There is a reason girl's like 'badboys'. It is not that they do 'bad' things, it is the way they treat them - being unavailable for them moreso than not, doing what they want pretty much regardless of the girl's feelings moreso than not, and *most* importantly not being needy. It is what seems to trigger the attraction in females. Girl's want two things - what other girl's want, and what they can't have. To the opposite affect are quite turned off by guy's they can have with a click of their finger.

If you want her as much as you do, it will sound pretty backwards but the best thing to do is go out with other girls and have fun, make sure people at work find out so that she 'indirectly' hears about it. Along with this, chat to her in a normal and friendly way without mentioning the 'dating' thing, not even asking her to go out and meet for drinks (for a few weeks) and generally joking about with her. If she asks about you dating other girls, brush it off or say something like "what can I say, I'm in high demand" with a cheeky grin. If she asks you out for a drink, say no. Again, for the first few weeks only. After this period, when you/her suggests meeting for a drink, I can pretty much guarentee as long as you play it cool on the night you will be right in there.

Good luck mate, I learnt this stuff the hard way but I'm glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom