Driving theory test

Associate
I have my test a week tomorrow can anyone give me any tips to pass please.

On the test itself and especially on the hazard perception!

Thanks

For the multiple choice part, most of it can be done using common sense, use Highway Code for the other parts, like remembering figures for stopping distances at various speed, eyesight test distance, etc, etc..

For the hazard perception, treat it almost like a driving game, when you see any potential hazards on the screen, click for it, if it develops, continue clicking, the idea is trying to score the maximum 5 points for each hazards.

Don't just click once for any developing hazards, as you may not be in the scoring window, click several times around half second intervals, to make sure you get at least 3/4 points. Also, don't click too much in succession, as you will get a red cross and not score for that clip.

Hope this helps and good luck

Soldato
Wrong Forum.

Just make sure you dont click too much on the HP test, you will fail that clip. Not done the 50 Questions thing beacause I passed a year back..

Good Luck :)

Soldato
I remember doing my theory ages ago, I did pretty good 35/35 and something like 53/75.

Your best getting them discs with mocks and buying the highway code seperate (it's like £1.49/99). The discs do a very good job at simulating the test questions. Remember all the memory things, like stopping distence, road signs, lights, speed limits, etc.

I found the hazard easier than I expected, keep your eye on the screen and watch ahead.

I found on the motorway ones, most of the time the hazard was someone joining the motorway and you had to move over or someone comes into your lane - apart from these two that's it for motorway I saw.

Also look at the road, usually you get one with a small narrow road which fits like 1 car in, if you do see one of these, chances are the hazard will be of someone either walking in the road or an oncoming car where you'd pull over.

Also at ped crossings look for people who 'look' like they 'might' cross (kids running) this is counted. Keep your eyes peeled, 'specially when going round a corner as you've no idea what to expect.

Also roads with parked cars, look for open bonnets/boots or people that might step out.

They've changed the questions to something like 50, recently but you should get more time. Also ONE hazard clip contains two hazards (I think it's still the same) so don't look away once you've spotted it.

I wish you good luck.

Soldato
You'll be fine, all u need to do is concentrate when you get in there and DON'T rush...The HP is fine matey, I breezed through it, yet my dad is a Driving Instructor so i had an advantage of as many lessons b4 my theory though lol....Take my advice, in some respects...DONT learn to drive with your parents LOL

Associate
Definately get a CD with a mock theory on it. I used my sisters and set the question total to 50, since that's the new total, then just went through tons of mock tests. Ended up getting 49/50, and to be honest, I reckon 48 or so questions were the exact same ones from the CD, since they do actually use official questions.

Hazard perception can be tricky I guess. Again, run through some practice ones, not the whole mock test, just single hazard perception videos, then get an overview to where you score the points. Once you relise how it's scored you'll be getting 5/5 or 4/5 most of the time. Don't worry about clicking too much either, click when you go around a corner, when you see a zebra crossing up ahead, far ahead as possible, getting 5/5 sometimes requires a degree of predicting a developing hazard.

Good luck! It'll be fine I'm sure.

Soldato
If you click too much, u fail the HP so i would be careful, a zebra crossing isnt a hazard mate so just take ya time and keep a watchful eye out...Il find out from my dad EXACTLY how the HP works and what u can fail on and the best tips for u lol

Associate
When i did mine i used some cd my driving instructor gave me. never really even did all that much practise lucky for me i knew just enough as i was like 2 points above the pass mark on both sections.

Soldato
I would buy "Driving Test Success All Tests 2007/08 Edition (PC/DVD ROM)" The older version was really great practice when I did my theory and it also covers the hazard perception part.

Soldato
The Hazard Perception element is actually very easy, if you fail on that you're a fool. You can get away with clicking quite a lot, just don't go mental!

Soldato
Think for the silliest answer, usually the correct one, and also REVISE, like you have never revised before... its the easiest test to do i think you just need to have the answer inprinted on your brain.

As for hazard perception, just try your best to do the safest drive possible, things you would notice when your our there, things that may not be obvious, keep a sharp eye and look everywhere on the screen.. gl dude.

Back
Top Bottom