Hellgate: London

Associate
I've given it a go but I'm afraid being a Londoner I just can't get over the fact that, when it comes down to it, it isn't set in London. The tube stations and outdoor locations are *completely* wrong for a start - just generic streets/underground railway stuff. Why didn't they just call it 'Hellgate' and not bother with the pretense of it being in London. Can't wait for 'mericans to come over looking for locations in the game and being dissapointed lol

Associate
Well it is set in the future maybe they did some renovations :p

Anyway it was taking ages for me to load this up and quit out under Vista so I finally got round to adding another 2gig of memory today to take me to 4gig and its made a huge difference :)

Soldato
I'm thoroughly enjoying Hellgate London :)

Started with an engineer and it was ok, had a fair few deaths using dual-wielded rocket pistols and all my little bots flying about......then tried a Summoner and couldn't stand it. Only got a few levels. Moved over to a Marksman and it's brilliant! I've upgraded to this wonderful rocket launcher I looted - it might only fire every two seconds, but it's totally devastating. Love it :D

Soldato
I've given it a go but I'm afraid being a Londoner I just can't get over the fact that, when it comes down to it, it isn't set in London. The tube stations and outdoor locations are *completely* wrong for a start - just generic streets/underground railway stuff. Why didn't they just call it 'Hellgate' and not bother with the pretense of it being in London. Can't wait for 'mericans to come over looking for locations in the game and being dissapointed lol

Yeah. It's just ridiculous. Personally I'm going to wait for 'London Tube Simulator'.

Associate
It is great fun.
Although does anyone else find that they go online and end up playing solo anyway.
The chat window is so ugly no one has it open, so no one looks for a group.
Even if I do get a group it normally crashes out or the memory leak comes out to play. If I play solo its fine. Really wierd.

Last night the whole game went black and white, had no idea why, and could only get it colour again after reloading.

Soldato
http://hellgatelondon.com/underground/patch-0-5-tomorrow

Full patch notes follows!
  • General:
  • All players now have 24 character slots.
  • Fixed a known issue with the inventory user interface that caused the client to lock up.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the Mini-game to sometimes become stuck.
  • Added a /help command to provide assistance using available / commands.
  • Some new posters have been added to stations, so check them out!
  • Connection Issues:
  • Fixed known issues which sometimes caused players to be disconnected and receive an erroneous network error message.
  • Fixed an issue where some home routers would disconnect a user due to an inactive connection.
  • Fixed known bugs which sometimes disconnected players during multiplayer quests.
  • Fixed problems with NetLimiter 1.30 and some older versions of Norton Antivirus and McAfee Antivirus which would make the user entirely unable to connect to the game.
  • Chat:
  • Made several chat interface improvements and the text entry more intuitive.
  • Chat window is now open by default in multiplayer.
  • Fixed chat window closing when traveling between zones.
  • Fixed several cases where the chat window would obstruct other UI components.
  • Chat context (such as Party and Guild) is now more clearly defined in the text entry window, including a color-coded border.
  • Chat window is now more transparent.
  • Added /g command. This is equivalent to /gchat command (guild chat).
  • Whisper text now shows up on all chat tabs.
  • Whisper messages and admin announcements auto-open the chat panel.
  • Auto-switch to the appropriate tab (such as Party and Guild) if you type text to that channel and are not in a tab that shows the text.
  • PageUp/PageDown cycle through chat tabs when text entry is active.
  • Chat panel now auto-opens if you type text and press Enter while the panel is closed.
  • Chat text entry deactivates after entering text.
  • Chat panel no longer closes if you press Enter on a blank line.
  • Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.
  • Items:
  • Fixed known bugs that caused players to sometimes lose items.
  • Fixed a bug with the Nanoforge that caused it to inaccurately modify the stats of higher-quality items.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Unique items to drop without special properties. Old unique items that did not have special properties are not changed by this patch. We are looking into whether we can fix the old items, but we don’t currently have a solution.
  • Quests:
  • Fixed various known issues which prevented players from being able to continue interrupted side-quests.
  • Quest items should no longer remain in the player inventory after the associated quest has been completed. Players with old quest items (such as Train Parts) associated with quests they’ve already completed or no longer have should find these items removed upon logging in.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from receiving credit for killing the “5 Lies” in The Hellgate quest. Players should now be able to properly advance in this quest.
  • In order to obtain the Fawkes Force Five item, the player must have completed Stopping Some Guy quest and not have the ‘Blueprints of Fawkes Force Five’ or ‘Fawkes Force Five’ in their inventory or stash. If they completed the quest and don’t have the Blueprints or Fawkes Force Five, then it rewards them with a completed Fawkes Force Five.
  • Engineers:
  • Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly.
  • PvP:
  • Fixed an incorrect modifier causing Special Effect Attack Strengths in PvP situations to be much higher than intended.
  • World Movement:
  • Fixed known issues which occasionally prevented characters from being able to load or switch instances.
  • Fixed several issues with players getting stuck in the world.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to become stuck at St. Pauls in Nightmare difficulty.
  • Portals to party members should now automatically close if the associated party member leaves the game.
Patch Notes Disclaimer: We make every effort to include all upcoming changes in our patch notes, but please be aware that occasionally changes are unintentionally omitted.
Thanks again for playing, and we’ll see you online!

The Hellgate: London Team

Soldato
Im on Marksman and in just 2 days Im a level 11 and on my third station. Dotn know if this is a good place, but Im enjoying the game all the same.

Im still only learning how to do the hardware bits ( Tryign to to give a thing away ) and this is both annoying and a nice touch at the same time.

Only thing Im still annoyed at is that my clothing / armour looks like oxfam rejects and nothing like the sweet blue armour stuff in the demo.

Soldato
Playing it at the minute and thought it was crap to begin with, very easy and no skill involved, just point and spray.

However, once I hit about level 10 things started to get better, there were a lot more creatrues to kill and made it that wee bit challenging.

Now on level 28 and having a blast, pun intended.

Game feels like a lower form of Morrowind with upgraded graphics. Why they commited to that stupid instancing idea I don't know because everything is the same and this would be my biggest complaint. Why couldn't they just have built a sandbox ala Morrowind or GTA?

Would definately like to see a sequel but only if they get rid of the instancing.

Soldato
Yeah, far too much same old sameold as they say.

Every single broken building has the exact layout and every non broken one also has the same layout as the other... 3 Flights, hole in the floor going to the ground, no roof... All the same. and 99% of the levels I have come across are all using the same maps wit hdifferent rubble on the floor.

Well, at letas I know how to get around a new level before I ahve even played it eh?

No, seriously, this is a drag and a fairly big one, but it had not been enough to put me off the game... Not yet anyhow.

Associate
I have noticed that as you progress you see less disused warehouse/sewer style maps.

Its a shame they are being replaced with the impossible to navigate becuase it all looks identical maze of a gothic chruch style map.

Back
Top Bottom