Help :( New build problem.

Associate
Ordered my pc from OcUK and today it came. I put it all together and on booting i recieved a cmos error code. I checked all the cables, made sure everything was plugged in properly, removed the rest of the RAM so it was just 1 stick etc. Still no luck!

Eventually i checked out the cmos code in the manual, it said it was a graphics card problem. I fetched a pci graphics card from another machine and tried that, didnt work at first but after a few boots it came on ok. I changed the bios settings and set pci e card as the main device.

I restarted and tested the pci card again just making sure it wasnt a fluke, it came on fine. then i tried the pci e card and no luck the error code was back.

Tried a few more times, same thing. I put the pci card back in and then i was getting the error code on that aswell, tried it a few more times, no luck. Ive taken it apart and back together a few times now, trying everything i can think of.

i'm guessing its probably a dead mobo or psu? I cant check unfortunately because i dont have another psu with the right mobo connector :(

Any suggestions?

Pc parts in question:
Gigabyte GA_P35_DS3R
OcUK ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB
Antec Sonata III Piano Black Quiet Case - EarthWatts 500W PSU

Associate
OP
Havnt read much else bad about it :(

Any suggestions reguarding working out whether its the mobo or the psu? i have another psu but not one with the correct amount of pins as on this mobo.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom