Is it possible to get a wii on the highstreet?

Caporegime
Just had a look around the t'internet and everywhere is sold out.

If I go into town (Cambridge) is it likely anywhere will have stock? Or is stock pretty much non-existant?

Please don't name any stores :) Just want an idea if its worth the trip.

Caporegime

If I go into town (Cambridge) is it likely anywhere will have stock? Or is stock pretty much non-existant?

Always worth a trip, most of the big stores get small quantities weekly.

rp200

Associate

Stock is out there, Nintendo have ramped production up to 1.8 million a month, problem is they are getting snapped up very, very quickly!

It is just a case of trying ... i've seen a couple around Edinburgh over the last two weeks ... why not phone a few game stores - if they have any ask them to hold onto one for a few hours till you collect. That's how I managed to snag a 360 about 2 weeks after launch .. and luckily the first store I phoned had one left, which they held aside for me till I got down there :)

Soldato
I heard that at one supermarket near us, a customer picked up one of the empty Wii boxes from the shelves, put it in the trolley, went around doing the rest of their shopping and by the time they got to the checkout there was no Wii's left in stock lol.

Associate
Stock is out there, Nintendo have ramped production up to 1.8 million a month, problem is they are getting snapped up very, very quickly!

It is just a case of trying ... i've seen a couple around Edinburgh over the last two weeks ... why not phone a few game stores - if they have any ask them to hold onto one for a few hours till you collect. That's how I managed to snag a 360 about 2 weeks after launch .. and luckily the first store I phoned had one left, which they held aside for me till I got down there :)

I did that but my card declined.I've still not bothered getting one after that.

Caporegime
yes you can find em just have to use the old grey matter when i brought mine there was loads in.hen next day went shopping at a different place and same again .

Soldato
My mate is selling his - only played it twice.
First night he got it, and then a few nights ago and realised what a pile it is.

If you want, I can go fetch it from him tomorrow (going over there) and I can put it on the MM. Mint condition, includes the included games plus a zelda game of some description

Caporegime
OP
My mate is selling his - only played it twice.
First night he got it, and then a few nights ago and realised what a pile it is.

If you want, I can go fetch it from him tomorrow (going over there) and I can put it on the MM. Mint condition, includes the included games plus a zelda game of some description

Sounds good, get him to drop me a line :)

Back
Top Bottom