Warhammer 40,000

Associate
Twas an expensive habbit i had when i was 14.......never again.
Probably spent ~£300 for a load of plastic models, including some forgeworld tanks.
Nobody ever really got into fighting with them properly when they realised there was 200 types of rule for every model.

Permabanned
Been thinking of digging out my paints again, all got thrown into a box somewhere when I moved.

Would like to find a forum for painting tips, because my skill level is basic at best.
When I was still in London, I had the offer of some painting lessons from the staff in the shop, unfortunately I didn't take them up on the offer and it's a bit too far away now to be worth the trip.

GW brought out a painting tips book that I've found really quite useful. Not had the time to put much of it into practise but I think it'll be useful for a beginner or a pro painter:

HobbyHowToPaintCitadelMiniatures.JPG

Soldato
OP
lol this is probably one of the worst forums to post this on, you have a huge population of people convinced they're FAR too cool for things like this. :D

Ah, I should have prorbably made a thread explaining why the 8800GT is better than the GTS as it has faster clock speeds and more pipelines? ;)

I go to the GW in the centre of Newcastle, and I've not had any problems that some of you have mentioned. The staff are all great, as are more of the people visit. I'm usually down there for a good portion of tuesdays, as those are the big game days.

And yes, it is a rather expensive hobby. But so is buying and building a PC. Different strokes, and all that.

Soldato
Peoples opinions of my hobby don't bother me at all, I've met a lot of friends and met a lot of genuine and very generous people through it, and every time I reach a new personal goal with it, I get an enormous sense of satisfaction. W40k painters can really demonstrate what is possible with a paintbrush, not my scene any more, but it gets my total respect.

Soldato
I used to play it while I was at school 12-16. I started with Eldar which were very expensive both point wise and pound wise but it was lucky that the small amount I could afford made a decent Eldar force. Unfortunately the mate I played with had a Tyranid army so they usually went down quick.

I tried Space Marines after that as the cheap plastic sets had started coming out but I got bored with them, they all look the same and I didn't want to use one of the special marine armies.

After the new edition came out I switched to Dark Eldar as they were new, cheap to buy and looked evil.

Gave up on 40K when I got into Console gaming, I used to enjoy painting and building the models more than the actual battles though (long and dull). I used to buy interesting models or stuff to paint just because it was fun to do but stopped after a while.

If I was to start again I'd definitely go for a Tyranid or Tau army as the models are great.

Back
Top Bottom