Why are people like this!!?!!

Soldato
OP
it doesn't provoke anything, people don't dress with the thought in their heads that 'this t-shirt should **** someone off'. Well, some people might but not my friends i can assure you

Associate
lol sk07. A pic of that car was on ebay on a 'joke' ad that was made up.
I don't know anybody who wears stuff to **** people off but i do know a few that do the opposite, they wear what other people think is 'cool' not nessecarily what they like

Soldato
Somelads started on us as we walked out of a club the other day, they do it because they have no sense of how this world works, they are idiots with nothing better to do with there time...

i cant stand people like that...

Associate
Well when I hear of stories like this it does annoy me how we have these problems here. But when I hear of the problems you have in the USA (I know I see it through the media so not always a fair picture) I'm glad I live here. The USA is a huge country and I know that there is some very nice areas but I also know that there is massive gang problems in some places and guns have only helped fuel these gang "wars". It's funny you think the UK is a **** hole (not necessarily disagreeing myself ;)) when the USA has higher rates of murders etc. I would much rather live here without guns then in the USA with them.

Actually, according to the UN, the 3 countries with the highest rate of violent crimes are:

Scotland
Wales
England

as a matter of fact, in scotland one in 3 people have been the victim of a violent crime.

Associate
Actually, according to the UN, the 3 countries with the highest rate of violent crimes are:

Scotland
Wales
England

as a matter of fact, in scotland one in 3 people have been the victim of a violent crime.

What source is that from? I'm not saying your lying, just find that very surprising (unless of course you are being sarcastic and I've missed it :p).

Soldato
that's why we - the law abiding public need to be armed. If we had a consealed weapons permit, then thugs like that would think twice before jumping random people!
I've argued both for and against this.

The crunch is, you have a revolver on you. Your five attackers bursting into your home have 5 semi autos each. You need to draw, **** and take five of them out - missing only once, before they hit you. Somehow, with standoffs like that you see unlikely to win. More guns on the streets are bad. Mmmmkay? It is unfortunante, but we've not got a gun culture here. Now, the question is, had guns have never been invented - or remained on single shot, would we still be carrying swords/daggers as happeneed for years.

Associate
I've argued both for and against this.

The crunch is, you have a revolver on you. Your five attackers bursting into your home have 5 semi autos each. You need to draw, **** and take five of them out - missing only once, before they hit you. Somehow, with standoffs like that you see unlikely to win. More guns on the streets are bad. Mmmmkay? It is unfortunante, but we've not got a gun culture here. Now, the question is, had guns have never been invented - or remained on single shot, would we still be carrying swords/daggers as happeneed for years.

Why would I use a revolver to protect my house? My ex's cousin had the right idea, he had 2 mp5's 2 glock 9mm's and always kept a shotgun under his bed. Also i'd say if people came in with that many guns your in trouble regardless; but if it was just 1 or 2 people then problem solved.

Man of Honour
This is a fascinating true story.

We have a none active member on here called Nigel who has got silentbob in his username.
Several years ago he was in KFC in Hanley when a thug decided to pick on him.
Nigel is the most placid human being on the planet and he made it clear that he wouldn't fight back.
The thug carried on and Nigel basically begged him not to do anything because it was pointless.
At this point the police were called by staff.
Once he stepped out of KFC the thug decided to punch him in the right side of his face which immediately fractured and he was knocked out.
At that point the police ran round the corner and made the arrest.
At the hospital he was X-Rayed and then the consultant gave him the news - The thug had saved his life:eek:
The x-rays showed tiny tumours which they could remove but if he'd gone a few more months he would be dead.
Of course this led to the decision whether to prosecute the scumbag who saved his life.

Back
Top Bottom