Bluetooth Mouse for a MacBook Pro

Associate
Hi

What is everyone's opinion on the bluetooth mouses for MacBook Pro's? Any good, or just a gimick?

What would you suggest....

Cheers guys

Man of Honour
I have a Mighty Mouse and it performs flawlessly. Very responsive and it never drops the connection. The only criticism is that scrolling can go bit funky if you get some fluff or grit on the ball but a quick clean usually sorts it.

Associate
I have both the wired and bluetooth Mighty Mouses. The bluetooth one is very good. Stable connection and feels nice in the hand. Only problem is the scroll ball. It gets gunked up and stops scrolling. Many people have this problem and its a design flaw. However there are a few tricks to get it unblocked and it works fine again :)

Soldato
I use a Logitech V270 (I think) Bluetooth mouse with my MBP, works a treat and feels so much better than a mighty mouse. I still use a mighty mouse with my other machines though because I have a thing about them matching.. even if the mouse is pretty naff :)

Associate
Conversely I have a wired and a wireless Mighty Mouse and use neither as they frustrate me immensely. The scroll ball idea I liked but it tends to clog up frequently and start misbehaving. The 'right click' is flaky and slows me down.. some people say they can get it to work 100% but it just doesn't for me, or many other people in the company I work for (hundreds of Macs). On the positive side, the tracking seems good and the Bluetooth connection is reliable with both my MacBook and Pro.

It really seems to be that people have a love/hate thing with this mouse if you browse various Mac forums, so just make sure you try it first :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a bluetooth mighty mouse that I currently use with my MBP and I think it works ok for the most part, but if your a heavy right click user I would avoid it. The click is flaky at best and can sometimes take lots of clicks to get working.

I do wish I'd have got something different now, but I've already paid a lot for this mouse so don't feel like paying out more.

Soldato
I think you'll find most people use Mighty Mice because they are Apple and they match; I doubt anyone could honestly say it's a brilliant mouse.

For alternatives, as above, the Logitech I use is well regarded on here and on other Mac forums. Small, but not too small, tracks well, lasts ages on batteries, has an on/off switch and the Bluetooth connection doesn't drop out.

The only real downside to it is the fact it only has 3 buttons so I map expose to the centre button.

You might read that a lot of devices drop out with Bluetooth on OS X but generally this has been fixed some time ago so a lot of this is out of date.

Associate
Got a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000. Works OK but can take a minute or two to get connected. As its a notebook mouse it's small, quite handy if your on the move a lot but too small for everyday desktop use.

Soldato
I'm a big fan of the Razer Pro|Click but it's not wireless. I don't really like the look of the Mobile because it's so small. Good for when you're on the move but then I'd just use the touch-pad. At a desk I'd want a full sized mouse and so there's no real need for it to be wireless anyway...

Just my 2p

Panzer

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think you'll find most people use Mighty Mice because they are Apple and they match; I doubt anyone could honestly say it's a brilliant mouse.

For alternatives, as above, the Logitech I use is well regarded on here and on other Mac forums. Small, but not too small, tracks well, lasts ages on batteries, has an on/off switch and the Bluetooth connection doesn't drop out.

Soldato
The wired mighty mouse I use at work is fine, the bluetooth one I have here is gash. Right click is awful, and it's too heavy for a shape which has nothing really to hold on to.

Back
Top Bottom