Dual Shock 3 ?

Caporegime
Yeah i know what your saying RP, but it's not out over here for another 3 or 4 months, so an extra £10 for it is not that bad :)
Trying to make myself feel better about it lol......

I am sure I will get one at a silly price, no matter what I say here anyway !! Anyway quit your Ratchet and Clank and start up Tekken!!

rp200

Associate
So does anyone know if Sony plan to do some kind of trade in discount for your old pad. Or is the bay gonna be flooded with people trying to get rid of their old six axis?

Caporegime
So does anyone know if Sony plan to do some kind of trade in discount for your old pad. Or is the bay gonna be flooded with people trying to get rid of their old six axis?

I doubt it, at the moment it is advertised as an alternative to the sixaxis, not a replacement. Same as when the PS1 got a dual shock half way through it's life. The 2 controllers co-existed for a long time. (I think eventually the dual shock came in the standard PS1 bundle).
That's how bad the pads are... people are willing to pay THAT much for a little bit of improvement.

What absolute tosh!! People are paying over the odds for them because they are new, and limited supply. Same with anything new. Sometimes it does amaze me how little people on these forums seem to understand about business, I can only think it is their passion for their games/consoles that blur their judgement.

Most people have no problems with the controller. The only difference they are expecting is the rumble. I guess you are referring to the dead zones that Sony have said they have "tweaked", but again, most people outside of internet gaming forums do not care or know much about this.

Presumably seeing as you care so much about how bad the pad is you will be splashing out on the new controller? :D

rp200

Associate
I have just ordered one of these. I dont see how they are expensive as a regular six axis costs £35 ish from certain shops. Maybe a little cheaper online.

Caporegime
lol, I knew I'd get a rise.
But am I not correct?

People ARE buying them and there is only a SMALL improvement.
They are also going to use them instead of the original ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I am right. People are spending that much to replace a pad which has been widely criticised from day one. Yes they've improved some things (deadzones on the sticks and rumble), but should those things have not been right to begin with?

It's a slight improvement and a ridiculous price.

Oh, and I'm pretty **** hot on business thankyou.

Soldato
But am I not correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I am right. People are spending that much to replace a pad which has been widely criticised from day one. Yes they've improved some things (deadzones on the sticks and rumble), but should those things have not been right to begin with?

You are also fixated. I'm buying one as I need another controller, and don't want to spend nearly as much on a sixaxis when the DS3 will be out in a few months time.

Caporegime
Fixated? Fixated on what?
I believe what I said is true.

I've always said Sony pads are a rip off. They always have been. £35 is a joke for a Six-Axis anyway (which is a flawed pad to begin with). So people WILL pay more money for a slight improvement.
If I had the option to pay £35 for Six-Axis or £45 for a DS3, I'd take the DS3 too.

Soldato
Fixated? Fixated on what?
I believe what I said is true.

I've always said Sony pads are a rip off. They always have been. £35 is a joke for a Six-Axis anyway (which is a flawed pad to begin with). So people WILL pay more money for a slight improvement.
If I had the option to pay £35 for Six-Axis or £45 for a DS3, I'd take the DS3 too.

Where do you buy your controllers from? :p Six Axis's are 29.99 or less on most websites, the same as the wireless 360 and the same price the dual shock will be when its released here (and Six Axis is inevitably phased out).

People are only paying more because a) its only been released in one region and b) its something new and people just can't resist getting it ;) The old pad is not flawed, it functions perfectly fine.

Soldato
But am I not correct?

yes, you are. as ive said before, you dont see it happening with any other electronics. But because these people here are enthusiasts, they seem to think its perfectly normal.

What absolute tosh!! People are paying over the odds for them because they are new, and limited supply. Same with anything new. Sometimes it does amaze me how little people on these forums seem to understand about business, I can only think it is their passion for their games/consoles that blur their judgement.

actually, i think that description better fits you than it does Nokkon lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
Where do you buy your controllers from? :p Six Axis's are 29.99 or less on most websites, the same as the wireless 360 and the same price the dual shock will be when its released here (and Six Axis is inevitably phased out).
I was quoting RRP from highstreet retailers. Easiest way to do things, if you say cheaper prices you get people asking for competitors all the time.

People are only paying more because a) its only been released in one region and b) its something new and people just can't resist getting it ;) The old pad is not flawed, it functions perfectly fine.
No, it is flawed. That's why Sony are fixing deadzones on the sticks. That's a flaw.
Lack of rumble was more a mistake than a flaw.
As are convex triggers.

Soldato
No, it is flawed. That's why Sony are fixing deadzones on the sticks. That's a flaw.
Lack of rumble was more a mistake than a flaw.
As are convex triggers.

If it was flawed then I would be unable to play games at all with the Six Axis analogue sticks which, unsurprisingly, is not the case. As said the controller functions as designed.

Soldato
If it was flawed then I would be unable to play games at all with the Six Axis analogue sticks which, unsurprisingly, is not the case. As said the controller functions as designed.

come off it. flawed doesn't mean it isnt working, it means there's a design fault. which there is, with the dead zones. they are very very bad on some of the pads which really isnt good enough when they reatil for £30+.

Back
Top Bottom