Watercooling experts - Advice please on this setup..

Associate
Building this setup for a mate, hes dropped off all his watercooling kit to be setup, would just like some advice on how you lot think it should be setup..

Heres some pics on what he has dropped off for me.. Maybe some basic diagrams would help for me, i have setup basic watercooled machines before, but nothing like this.

Muchos :)

17112007358.jpg

17112007359.jpg

17112007360.jpg

17112007361.jpg

17112007362.jpg

17112007363.jpg

Associate
Fer a start, turn the TDX block 180 degrees so outlet is at the top not the bottom - prevents airlocks making filling and bleeding easier.

Second - move one of the fittings to the bottom of the GPU block, rather than both being on top. Same reasoning as above.

Radiators - gasket goes between radiator and fans. How you mount 2x PA120.3 rads to that case - not a clue. You'll have to be inventive. Personally I'd tell him to buy a more suitable case for dual 120.3 loops. I'd also check whether those fans will give the radiator enough capacity for the heatload on each loop.

Safe guess is he's expecting 1x pump, 1x reservoir and 1x rad for the CPU, and a separate loop of the same for GPU.

Throw the flow indicators out - they're useless and just restrict flow.

If CPU is a quadcore, then put the NB on the GPU loop. If CPU is a dualcore, put NB on the CPU loop. Put hdd blocks (foolish purchase) on whichever loop has the lowest heatload.

Chipset block will need adapters to adapt it up to the same size hose as everything else (they come with the mobo), or you need to swap fittings out on everything else and replace with 3/8" fittings. 3/8" hose will stretch over the pump if you soak in hot water for 15 secs.

Order of components in the loop makes no difference. Pipe it up in whatever order uses the least amount of tubing routed in the cleanest way.

Should only need 1 n' a bit bottles of coolant per loop... rest is spare.

Associate
Marci mate you rock on WC advice buddy!

(Sorry to blow smoke up your @$$ but your posts are always uber helpful!).

I am looking at a WC set up soon (a first timer) so I'll be looking for some guidance from the 'great and good' forum members at OCUK soon.

Associate
OP
Thanks very much for the advice chaps, will get it rigged up this week and let you know how it goes :)

The CPU is a go q6600 btw :) Will swap that cpu block around tommorrow.

Which pump would be best for the cpu loop? And a daft question, best way of fillin' her up?

Associate
The WhiteBox is the typical retail packaging for the Laing D5 as used by Laing Inc in the USA (generally means it's been bought via DangerDen or Swiftech). The other is the retail packaging used by Laing GmbH thru-out Europe (bought via Alphacool). Both contain the same pump.

Back
Top Bottom