OcUk Poker Tournament?

Soldato
There will be no cash pot, so it's pointless discussing it.

Burnsy

Doesn't mean I can't ask the reason behind it though? :confused: Perfectly valid question seeing as poker is designed to be played with cash. Utterly pointless playing for nothing simply because the skill is greatly removed as there are no consequences to your decisions.

Soldato
We've played many times for no money before and it's been great fun. Lots of banter between people and a good time had by all. Just because it's not for money doesn't mean you can't have a laugh at the same time. Some people might want to go all-in first hand, that's their choice, but the fact is that it will be a freeroll.

Soldato
We used to play on Stan James (still always get promotional letters off of them still :s). I wouldnt mind playing again. Just let me know when its all up and ready. If you think it will be crap, dont play. We don't care. It's still a good laugh.

Soldato
Doesn't mean I can't ask the reason behind it though? :confused: Perfectly valid question seeing as poker is designed to be played with cash. Utterly pointless playing for nothing simply because the skill is greatly removed as there are no consequences to your decisions.

Only if that is your way of thinking, yes?
Otherwise all those years of playing snap/black jack/hearts with my family for no financial gain must have been a waste :p.

Associate
I can understand the wish not to be associated with gambling as such, but maybe the Christmas 2007 Freeroll could have a smattering of various things like usb drives/mouse mats/OCUK pens :)D) as prizes for those who make the final table and something like an mp3 player/2gb memory kit/mouse/headset for the eventual winner?

Soldato
Only if that is your way of thinking, yes?
Otherwise all those years of playing snap/black jack/hearts with my family for no financial gain must have been a waste :p.

Yes, play to win and nothing else.

£50 on every hand that is turned over on snap, winner takes all :p

Man of Honour
Doesn't mean I can't ask the reason behind it though? :confused:

Reasoning behind the rule:
  • OcUK doesn't encourage gambling. Poker is fun, lets keep it that way.
  • The FAQ states:
    The forums are here to allow people to freely share knowledge, not provide them with personal financial gain, or free advertising.
If you think about it, it really does make sense. And a game can be serious without money.

Burnsy

Last edited:
Associate
I would definitely be up for it :)

As for money vs non-money, doesn't make much of a difference to me. Will be slightly less annoying when I get knocked out right at the start and going all in on every hand is not a route to victory regardless of what you are playing for

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom