Downfall (Film)

Soldato
OP
½ an hour through and I am shocked.

A totally gripping film and you dont even notice the subtitles if that makes sense.

You can taste the desperation and despair.

Good to see someone had the balls to touch on this subject (Not easy) and appears to have done so very well.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
WOW

That film really does suck you in. The actor playing hitler was amazing.

That is something I dont think I will EVER forget. A true example of what Cinema should be although it makes me feel uneasy knowing it is based upon true events.

Is it wrong that for maybe a second or so in the film, I found myself feeling "Sorry" for hitler :eek:

All that goes out the Window when you discover he is a coward who cannot face upto his actions and are reminded about his other attrocities at the end of the film along with the fact that 50 million people died in that war, all because of ONE person :(

Man of Honour
Rumour has it that the only reason Ganz didn't win the Oscar for Best Actor that year was because the committee felt that they couldn't be seen to reward someone for playing Hitler. Certainly it is a great performance, and the film is noticeably weaker once he is out of it.

M

Soldato
I'll add my 2p and say it's simply a stunning piece of film work. It's just an amazing film all round. Everything is great, this is a must have for any DVD collection. and it MUST be in german.

just great great work.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've watched it & didn't like it. To Depressing & i knew the ending ;)

Seriously though i have a copy, It's a Masterpiece & puts you as close as you could get to the Bunker in the final throws of his Reign. Stunning.

Soldato
What got me was the first scene where they were meeting Hitler. You sort of felt nervous watching it, well i did anyway. Odd....

But a great flim if there one or two inaccuracies.

Back
Top Bottom