GetPro

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else got hosting with this company? If so are they noticing that its been down a lot recently, including now!?

I can't seem to get hold of any support staff, and was just wondering if it was an issue my end or theirs as I can't seem to get to their website (www.getpro.co.uk) or any or mine or my clients.

Regards,

James

Soldato
Charlie Creed
GetPro Internet Services
T: +44 (0)1908 768610 (Extension: 1001)
F: +44 (0)1908 768611
W: www.getpro.co.uk
E: [email protected]
M: GetPro Internet Services, Communications House, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ

Found this, any help?

Edit: you might want to consider moving your site to a more reliable host, most people's opinions appear to be that "Charlie Creed is a (word rhyming with hat)"

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Charlie Creed
GetPro Internet Services
T: +44 (0)1908 768610 (Extension: 1001)
F: +44 (0)1908 768611
W: www.getpro.co.uk
E: [email protected]
M: GetPro Internet Services, Communications House, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ

Found this, any help?

Edit: you might want to consider moving your site to a more reliable host, most people's opinions appear to be that "Charlie Creed is a (word rhyming with hat)"

Yeah I've tried contacting him but to no avail. I too have recently been doing somoe more research into this chap and have probably found the same articles via google that you have, seems like he is a bit of a character. I'm seriously considering moving host, but need somewhere else with DirectAdmin.

To be honest though, up until this week it had all been running really smoothly, and there's several good reviews of the company on ochostreview.

Regards,

James

Man of Honour
I did think that, but they do all have websites listed with them, which seems like a bit of effort to go to.
Oh I'm not saying they're fake, just that there might've been a bit of persuasion from GetPro to get their clients to review them on the site when it was found - iirc a whole bunch of good reviews appeared at once.Which I'm sure we all do (;)), but probably not to that extent - it's slightly obvious and makes the reviews seem less legitimate.

Soldato
OP
Oh I'm not saying they're fake, just that there might've been a bit of persuasion from GetPro to get their clients to review them on the site when it was found - iirc a whole bunch of good reviews appeared at once.Which I'm sure we all do (;)), but probably not to that extent - it's slightly obvious and makes the reviews seem less legitimate.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, there's every chance clients were gentle persuaded (£) to write good reviews.

When I signed up I had very little time to find a good host, but the more and more I research into GetPro, the less legitimate and trustworthy they are appearing.

Is anyone aware of a good UK based DirectAdmin host?

Regards,

James

Associate
There are a few stories about Charlie floating about and I must admit I nearly bought a server from him many moons ago but after a promise of next day delivery that went on to five days I ran away and after a bit of 'chatting' got all my cash back.

Glad to see that you still want a Directadmin host though - much better than cPanel!!!

M.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom