***The Official Asus Eee PC Thread***

Soldato
Just logging on to check Overclockers have these in stock before I set out to collect one - can't believe it....£252 quid.

It was already 15 quid over the odds on other retailers, and now it's 32quid more....

Fleecing loyal customers on in demand products is not a good long term business strategy OCUK!

Could I pay the extra? Probably. Will I pay the extra? Due to the ethics involved, absolutely not.

Agreed - it's taking the proverbial. I am going to be buying one but not at £35 more than anyone else.

Associate
OCUK stock supposed to be in today, now changed to overdue :(

Anyone know if these will be available before christmas

It changed at midnight to overdue automatically. I was on the web last night and had a look, as I've got one on pre-order.

I think the stock system does this automatically if they've not been booked in, but they may be arriving during the course of the day, so not worrying yet.

I'm told availability should be better in the run up to Christmas, but then I suppose more folks will be buying them, so who knows?!

Soldato
I see these PC's are in stock at OCUK, but come on £260+ inc shipping, I know its supply and demand and all but I find that too much money really.

If they were a decent price I would have bought one today.

Shame.

Associate
A few weeks into using one of these, I am finding it hard to find a reason to put XP on it, maybe its because im unfamiliar with linux, so its great discovering how an OS works all over again. Im finding the repositories fantastic - loads of hackery tools and clone games from yesteryear - paradroid relives! The only thing its missing is plug and play bluetooth.

Associate
Been wanting one of these for a while but at £260 quid! shocking. Seems to be a common trend now with OCUK. oh well, ain't gonna be using them again.

Associate
Just ordered a white one for £218.55 with free delivery, was a toss up between this and a cheap £300 acer, but went for one of these for its size, only need sometinhg to browse the web when I'm on the sofa.

Just one thing was bugging me and that's the resolution, does the internet look like it should? as it does on the monitor i'm looking at now.

Man of Honour
If you put the browser fullscreen its not bad... you can also use 800x600 with screen scrolling if you find 800x480 too restrictive - tho not a real alternative to having an 800x600 res for real.

Back
Top Bottom