Nokia N95 problems

Associate
Hi there,

Iv had my Nokia N95 for 2 months, on 02 pay monthly contract, and i havnt really had any problems so far, appart from the battery which basically needs a mains supply 24/7.

My first problem is that whenever i try to start the web broweser, it goes to load the program, the screen goes blank appart from the bacground image, then returns me back to the main screen.

I thought by maybe updating the hardware on the phone may resolve the problem so i loaded Nokia Software Updater (V 1.4.14en ) on my PC. My phone had this version on it currently: v11.0.026 17-04-07 rm-159 Nokia N95 (65.01)

Nokia Software Updater said it was going to re-install the current version so i connected the phone to my PC via USB cable and followed the on screen instructions. It Downloaded the update, which was around 115mb, and said it had 15 minutes remaining to install. After around 2 minutes it told me to remove the batter, then reinsert the battery, start the phone up and try again. I done this around 5 times before getting bored and giving up.

I am also having problems with my GPS, it has only ever recieved satillite status once, and that was when i was in Romford, since then i have been to Newcastle etc however the phone still thinks im in Romford! I cant get it to update it just keeps zooming in on Romford.

Any help with any of these issues would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks

Matt

Associate
OP
code 0548021

Here are pics of my update..
1.jpg

2.jpg

I do like it asks in the 2nd pic however it keeps coming up with that and does not seem to update:confused:

Associate
OP
so how do i go about doing that? or how can i re-install my current one to see if that removes some of the problems im having?

Soldato
In order to change your product code and update a branded N95 (eg O2 or '3') follow these instructions:

First go to http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/software.htm and download NSS (Nemesis Software Suite) and install.

# Connect your phone and wait for Windows to install the drivers.

# Open Nemesis Service Suite and click “Scan for new device” on the right-upper part of the window

# Click on the icon “Phone info”

# Click on “Scan”

# Note down the current product code

# Change the product code to 0539343 and mark the case “Enable”.

# Press “Write”, and your phone’s product code will be changed (you might think that nothing happened, because the phone is still in normal mode, and the changing of the product code only takes a couple of seconds, but don’t worry, the product code changed !).

# Close Nemesis Service Suite and run the Nokia Software Update.

# Make sure not to touch the cable or the phone while your phone is updating or else you will break it!

# Go back into Nemesis and return the product code to the original one you wrote down earlier.

[EDIT] I appear to have given you the product code from the N73 as i referred to my old debranding text file - doh. the N95 one you should use if the above doesnt work is:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
top bloke cheers! Iv resolved the web browser problem, done a master reset on it! Will update the software now, cheers for your help!

Back
Top Bottom