Virgin Discounts

Associate
Right Guys,

Needing some advice, i was put onto the 3monts 1/2 price broadband around a year ago after complaining i could get more speed elsewhere for cheaper.

Every 3 months i called them up and they applied this to my account, no questions asked.

This month i called them up, told them i was fed up of the 3mths nonsense, what could they do for me? The chap immediatly offered me the following deal.

Line Rental £11
TV M £0
Broadband L £25
BBL for price of BBM -£12

This works out at £24 a month which im more than happy with, what i would like though is XL broaband, for half price too would be great, has anyone managed to wangle anything similar? Im going to be moving soon and transferring over so not sure if i should change over just now, or later.

Advice please.

Cheers

Associate
They rang me out of the blue a couple of months ago and made me an offer I couldn't refuse :D

I was with VM for BB XL @ £37 a month, I had landline with BT @ £12 a month, I've still got sky. VM offered me BB XL landline and a freeview set-top box for £30 I asked what the catch was and how may months this offer was for, I was told it's not an offer that is the price, they even let me port my landline number over and came around and reconected me for free :D needless to say I'm now one happy bunnie.

doggo

Associate
We pay £34pm i think for TV:M, Phone, BB:XL. Just part of their package deals really - it drops the BB from £37 to £23pm when all the services are bundled. Could do with some more TV channels though - may have to look into some wangling on upping it to Large.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
At my old house last year, I got XLBB, XLTV and phone line for £37. The guys who moved in after me and took over my account still get exactly that. I'm tempted to ring up and see if i can get the same deal.

Permabanned
Funny that, because I phoned up earlier after getting sick of a big bill.

I was paying about £38/month for L BB, L (not sure, but I know it's the next one up from the freeview selection) TV, and line rental.

Managed to get it for £32/month now, but was told I couldn't get On Demand with the M TV package - the lowest package they do, IIRC.

Think I might just reduce the TV to M, if people can confirm On Demand will still work.

Soldato
I've only been with VM for a month - when is a good time to ring up and try it on? "bad connection speeds" etc...

Also I don't have TV, but would be interested in it - since I have to use a set-top aeriel which means I can't even get BBC3.

Soldato
Think I might just reduce the TV to M, if people can confirm On Demand will still work.

Works absolutely fine here - you just don't get the free music videos that you would do on XL.

edit: and as you're not on XL to start with I really don't think you'll notice a difference re: on demand stuff.

Associate
Funny that, because I phoned up earlier after getting sick of a big bill.

I was paying about £38/month for L BB, L (not sure, but I know it's the next one up from the freeview selection) TV, and line rental.

Managed to get it for £32/month now, but was told I couldn't get On Demand with the M TV package - the lowest package they do, IIRC.

We have M TV and On Demand works fine. On one of the old crappy Pace boxes, i couldn't believe they were still using these!

Back
Top Bottom