PC Power consumption calculator??

Soldato
Hi,

Just wondering where I could find a website that has a calculator of each piece of hardware and the max wattage it eats up. I know there is a few about but I dont have any links saved (and its been a good year or two since I did this).

Anyone remember or have any links handy? just tried a quick google search but got nothing solid.

EDIT: just found "eXtreme Power Supply Calculator" and am wondering if this is any good?

Caporegime
Just a thought after having a run through them both.

The ASUS one is garbage, even before talking about drives, RAM, fans, and god knows what else, the ASUS one already said I needed 800W+.

Which is balls because I'm running fine on a 550W :p

Oddly enough, the first link I posted said I'd need 567W, assuming my video cards were 2900XT's. As the 3870's use less power, I'd say its a pretty good estimate.

Man of Honour
Most people seem to recommend this one:
http://web.aanet.com.au/SnooP/psucalc2.php

I'd never seen that one before, it gives a pleasingly low number which I'd think is roughly correct based on my system but has relatively few options and isn't the most intuitive designed in the World. :)

I've used the one at Extreme Outervision quite a few times and it seems good if a little overzealous in judging the required PSU on occasion, better to have too much capacity than too little though I think.

Associate
Just worked out how power hungry my overclocked pc is!!

All stock that PSU calculator recommends a decent brand 350watt PSU. Recalculate it with my overclocked/overvolted CPU, RAM and GFX and it then recommends a 581w PSU! lol

Currently running a Tagan TG580-U15 580W psu :)

Presently looking into getting a UPS, really didn’t know I needed such a beasty one for my current setup, 1000VA min :eek:

thanks for the links :)

Back
Top Bottom