Did or has anyone been watching Long Way Down?

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Did or has anyone been watching Long Way Down?

I’ve been watching it on TV and over website, and now been watching the repeats.

I like Ewan anyway as an actor, but after watching long way round in 2004 I was hooked so been following them, its fascinating to see what they say and the comedy with Ewan and Charley. Also love the 4x4’s and Bikes 

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I watched the first couple of episode but I found it rather sickly and vainglorious. MacGregor is a fine actor but I don't care for his whiny family and narcissistic friends. It come across as a huge exercise in self-promotion and mutual back-slapping.

Soldato
The first Long way round was fun and a journey of 2 friends round the world. This one is just not right, the 4x4 now covered in sponsors, his wife now tagging along, they moan constantly about riding all day.

Agreed. The long way round seemed like an adventure into the unknown with two close friends. This one just seems like a mad dash trhough Africa with a big team of fixers and support with sponsorship everywhere. The last episode was better than the rest, so im hoping it will slowly get better, but I much prefered the Long way round.

Associate
It's virtually the same really, the had plenty of fixers the first time, and they did their fair share of moaning about the conditions (just read the book recently).
And with both trips their big problem has been not allocating enough time to the trip, so they end up riding all day, hence whinging about it :p

Caporegime
The first one they moan is understandable as they've not done it before, but 2nd time round they should learn from it. They should do about 200-250 miles per day instead of 300-350, they all seems to be in a hurry.........they set their own schedule....why didn't they gave themselves more time !?

Soldato
The first Long way round was fun and a journey of 2 friends round the world. This one is just not right, the 4x4 now covered in sponsors, his wife now tagging along, they moan constantly about riding all day.

I agree, Long Way Down was fresh and they were somewhat isolated but the current show appears more staged.

Permabanned
Long Way Around was awesome. Couldnt get enough of it. Long Way Down i have stopped watching. Just seems, ride ride ride, watch 4x4's then moan about riding.. Not good.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
I agree, Long Way Down was fresh and they were somewhat isolated but the current show appears more staged.

Yeah i guess also , but they have more people with them this time and 2 4x4's

i still think its an awesome idea and a good adventure, If i had Ewan's money id do the same :)

SIB

SIB

Associate
I never saw the first series but my GF did. Like many here, i got sick of the "ride, ride, moan about riding" week in, week out so stopped watching.

Permabanned
The same sentiment as the majority here. I Loved The Long Way Around, but this new 'adventure' is just plain boring. It's now relegated to 'background telly'!

Permabanned
If you like LWR and LWD, 'Race to Dakar' is pretty good too.

It doesn't have Ewan in it, but it's got Charley and most of the LWD team, and including a few seasoned ex-Dakar people. I found it really interesting, looks pretty tough though! :eek:

I bought and downloaded all the episodes from http://www.racetodakar.com/html/racetodakar.html and it only came to about £6 IIRC. :)

Back
Top Bottom