My Water Cooling Log Bikerz

Associate
Ok Ive moved to liquid cooling as I want a silent PC with no flashing lights etc.. all very plain looking and silent.

PC Spec:

IIyama 22" monitor
Antec 900 case
Corsair 520W
500GB SATA
320GB SATA
2X DVD Drives
Q6600 GO
8800GT (Waiting for stock)

Cooling:

D-TEK Fuzion CPU Block with Quad nozzle kit
D-TEK Fuzion GPU Block
Thermochill PA 120.3
Laing DDC with plexi top
EK Multi Res 400
5 X Yate loon 120mm Low fans
Zalman 2 fan controller
1/2" barbs and 7/16th tubing

All I have done so far is work roughly where I want everything.Ive fitted CPU with Quad nozzle kit. Ive flushed through everything with hot water and left everything leak testing over night.

Im still unsure about where to mount rad, so open to surgestions on this? Was going to lay ontop of case (that way can let the 200mm top mount fan blow throgh rad too?

With the pump the platic top has to be at top when mounted I presume? If so how do you mount the anti vibe rubeer legs? there is 2 holes in the blck pump, and if you use the 4 holes in the plexi top then they dont reach floor as are too high up, what have I done wrong?

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

Man of Honour
The rubber 'feet' are not feet m8, they are used to mount the pump in a hard drive/floppy bay. The top dosn't have to be facing on top, once the setup is bled you can have it facing downwards if you wish but most have the top facing up and use the optional inlet in the top rather than having inlet and outlet at the front (reports suggest it performs better like this).

Man of Honour
LoL, we have all made schoolboy errors when first setting up watercooling - at least you have bought some good kit from the start. I started with thermaltack :(

Associate
OP
Have had sooo much help from Alex on here (you know him and he speaks very highly of you), hes been great and talking me through every step. Its great to have such helpful and friendly people around on here. Thanks all. Well checked all the kit and no leaks so filled with distilled water and will leave all day while im at work.

Associate
Doesn't need any - s'an all Copper loop. Also, Laing recommend not mounting the DDC upside down so that the top is facing the floor... s'about the only orientation that they don't recommend - allows air to get below impeller and trap in the bearing shaft...

Soldato
looking forward to your build log Bikerz

Snip: Also, Laing recommend not mounting the DDC upside down so that the top is facing the floor... s'about the only orientation that they don't recommend - allows air to get below impeller and trap in the bearing shaft...

Just rechecked my laing pumps instructions that is correct

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Like I said - if its bled correctly it won't matter as there will be no air to get 'trapped'. Why you would want to mount it upside down anyway is a bit of a mystery.

Does it matter if the rad is mounted horizontally or vertically and whether the inlet/outlet is at the top or bottom if mounting vertically?

No, at least not with the Thermochill range as they have a bleed screw. The problem you may have is bleeding the system if the rad dosn't have a bleed screw, remember that air will rise to the highest point and its very difficult to 'pump' air downwards.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Having trouble with my pump with plexi top which in inlet and which is outlet? Can u say in regards to my pic above or say if its the outer or inside? Logicaly its the outside, but Alex thinks it may be the middle barb in middle of pump. Does anyone know?

Associate
OP
Right its all going well. VERY cool, from about 28-30 degrees on idel on my thermalright 120 ultra to about 21 degrees idel on water with hardley any fans on yet.lol

Noiser than I wanted, no quiter than my air setup. And casea real mess, need a bigger case or drill back of mobo tray. VERY HAPPY tho. Thanks sooo much Alex.

Back
Top Bottom