Noooooooooooooooo :(

Man of Honour
I can't believe it

My launch day console has just died

It's been fine today, turned it on earlier played some Mass Effect, then just turned it on now

Instant 3 red lights :(

I'm gutted! :(

So what's the procedure now, do I just ring MS?

Very very sad :(

I honestly thought my console was going to be alright having gone all this time

Man of Honour
OP
I dont have the box or anything, is any old box ok? Do I have to pay for UPS?

I'm so sad :(

Its not even giving me an error message, wont give a signal to the TV, totally dead

Associate
It happens to all of us eventually :(

Mine took about 2 weeks that was around september though.

Yeah any old box will do just pack it in tightly use shredded paper or something if you have nothing else.

Soldato
Blank box tape the emailed label onto ms pay for the collection

Mines there at the moment still they might see each other!

Also is it bad i knew the number off by heart?

Man of Honour
OP
Blank box tape the emailed label onto ms pay for the collection

Mines there at the moment still they might see each other!

Also is it bad i knew the number off by heart?

Haha you know what mate, I was thinking thats a bad thing on the 360's reliablility part that you knew the number like that

I'll let my 360 know to look out for yours, its currently being read its last rights by none other than Father Wii, the PS3 is currently laughing his ass off....git

Soldato
Why do people even bubble wrap it or try to protect it? Both the MS customer support rep and UPS told me not to bother and to put it in any old box and there was no problem at all.

This was around March this year though so I have no clue whether they've changed their minds about it.

Soldato
Why do people even bubble wrap it or try to protect it? Both the MS customer support rep and UPS told me not to bother and to put it in any old box and there was no problem at all.

This was around March this year though so I have no clue whether they've changed their minds about it.

Seeing as in my case at least they sent back my console and not a new one, I would like to see it back in the condition I sent it.

Caporegime
It's amusing how I now only need to read the thread title "Nooooooooooooooo", see it's in the consoles section, and instantly know it's the 3 RROD. :D

Sorry to hear it's happened though, just go for the RMA as suggested.

Man of Honour
OP
I've just done the online option, registered my console, but the warranty status says:

"Out of Warranty"

I thought they all got extended :(

EDIT - Never mind, noticed later on it says about it anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
Eeep, sorry to hear that mate. lol I knew what it was the moment I saw the thread title.

It makes me ponder how long this launch day 360 will last me too. I'm already considering a second 360 for Xmas just incase my launch day one should die. I'm actually looking forward to repairing it myself properly for once.

Warranty FAQ

Man of Honour
OP
Right cheers for the help guys, done it all online, just waiting for my labels now

So tomorrow when I ring UPS, if I mention its an Xbox, they'll know its all free?

Or do I get a number with the labels that is used to book a delivery with UPS?

Back
Top Bottom