New Watercool Build Including EK Supreme! Not 56K Friendly!

Soldato
For some unknown reason I decided that I had had enough of my current build and was needing a small upgrade!

For the past few months I was running:
Thermaltake Xaser II
Q6600 B3
Asus P5K Deluxe
Asus 8800GTS 640mb
1x 80GB
1x 250GB
1x 500GB

This was alongside my Macbook Pro and running off Dell2407 and Z-5500.

DSC00861.jpg

As I had some spare cash floating around I decided to build a watercooled system with those parts, but then it turned into something bigger, as usual :D

I now have:
Antec P182
Q6600 G0
Asus P5K Deluxe
8800GTS 512mb(Pre-Order)
1x 250GB
3x 500GB
DSC00867.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

I thought it was pointless watercooling a B3 CPU as I could get hold of a G0 for £15 + B3. The B3 was auctioned and I got the G0 this morning all shiny and OEM!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just picked up my watercooling parts from reception and everything is in there to start building! I decided to buy everything new except for the radiator. I managed to pick up a Black Ice Xtreme II for £5 second hand!

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

EK GPU Block – 8800GT

DSC00873.jpg

EK CPU Block – EK Supreme

DSC00875.jpg

2V Laing DDC-1T Ultra w/OCLabs XP Top Clear/UV Blue

DSC00876.jpg

Feser One – UV Green

Also there is a AC Ryan 4" Dual CCFL UV Kit, XSPC Dual Eye Ball Bay Reservoir, 1/4" BSPP - 1/2" Hose Tail, 4m 7/16" Masterkleer PVC Hose, Zinc Plated Jubilee Wormdrive Clip 1/2" and a RadGrillz Thrust 2x120 Aluminium Black.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Before installing any of the parts I decided to check if the radiator was working ok and to clean it out using a mini guide w3bbo posted in another thread for me!

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

As soon as I put any water into the radiator, it was dripping out of 2 holes behind the screw slots :( Looks like it wasn't worth £5 after all or somehow I've managed to bodge it!

Ordered a Thermochill 120.2 which should arrive here tomorrow for the nice price of £61.14 :eek: Bringing the grand total for a new case and watercooling loop to £310! Thank god I made £150 last week for doing nothing and sold my DS today for £70!

Thermochill.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'll get some pictures of the EK Supreme block as soon as I can get my friends camera to work on my mac, won't connect for some reason!

First look at the Supreme block there looks to be a mark on the bottom and light scratching from what looks like a polishing machine!

I'll take more pictures tomorrow when the Rad arrives and I can hopefully get everything installed in 1 day, work might make it 2 days as I've a lot to get through!

Man of Honour
Some quality WC kit you have there m8;). Won't be long before your cooling the NB too and adding a second loop.:D

Looking forward to your build.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I was really tempted to buy a second Rad but there really is no room in this case unless I mount it at the top inside, but that means man tools! I don't have man tools so I might do that in a few weeks time when I go home for Christmas!

I've emailed the company I bought the EK off as well, want to check that this block won't be affected by the marks/scratches!

Man of Honour
First look at the Supreme block there looks to be a mark on the bottom and light scratching from what looks like a polishing machine!

Run your finger along the bottom and if your finger nail catches it its bad and should be returned however if its just cosmetic I wouldn't worry.

Soldato
OP
Ive sent the pictures to the company so they're looking into it anyway, a few other people that received their blocks today said theirs were in perfect condition with no marks or anything at all!

New rad should arrive tomorrow so Ill get crackin on the build and get some photos taken :)

Do i spy a Q-tek in the 3rd pic?:eek:

Whats a Q-tek? :p

Cant wait to see this build, same build i'm thinking about doing. Hows the P182, enough room?

If you take the upper hard drive cage out, which is the middle section of the entire case, then yeah there is enough room. It is possible to mount the rad on the underside of the case at the top, but that involves drilling etc which I can't do at the moment but I will if I ever upgrade to a second loop!

I expected the hard drives to be a lot hotter than my Thermaltake case as I had 120mm fans blowing over them all, but infact they are cooler in this case even though they are very close to the PSU. Looks like they really thought about it all as it works nicely!

One thing you must think about if you are going to mount the rad on the back is that you can't close the side panel as the bracket/fan gets in the way!
I had to use a dremel to cut away part of the side and it fits quite nicely! Ill take a picture tomorrow and show you :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the link!
Waiting for an email back from the company I bought it from anyway

Looks like I won't be building everything tomorrow as I am sending the 18W pump back to be replaced by a 10W.
The 18W is quiet but not quiet enough for my liking so I'm just swapping an Ultra for the Pro.
Radiator should be here tomorrow, going to try and get some vinegar and de-ionised water to ensure its nice and clean.
Will post pictures of the radiator and fans mounted on the back of the case tomorrow and the side panel where I shaved into so that the radiator could fit on the back!

Back
Top Bottom