New Watercool Build Including EK Supreme! Not 56K Friendly!

Soldato
i agree that block looks fine but you're the one who needs to be happy about it.

the supreme is one nice looking block though!

you must be pretty anal to noise if an ultra is noisy for you? even with yate loons down to 7v i struggle to hear mine.

Soldato
OP
Wouldn't say anal but I do want it quiet and this just has a hum about it that annoys me. It's the loudest thing in the case by far so I expect a 10W one to be on par with everything else :)

Radiator should be here today and I'm seeing what is said about the EK block before I send the pump back for a swap!

Soldato
maybe it's the 12 YL's i have in my MM case :)

though i do notice the humming when it's outside my case for testing etc and not hard mounted with the rubber stoppers.

even with the fans on 7v i guess they muffle the pump sound somewhat.

my previous pump -> AquaXtreme 50Z on the other hand was much noisier for sure.

Soldato
Wouldn't say anal but I do want it quiet and this just has a hum about it that annoys me. It's the loudest thing in the case by far so I expect a 10W one to be on par with everything else :)

Radiator should be here today and I'm seeing what is said about the EK block before I send the pump back for a swap!

My ultra is also the loudest thing in my case, definately hear it over 4 sharkoons, the psu and the hdd. Mine's going to be downgraded to the 10w for the exact same reason as you :)

Soldato

did you turn it on with out water in it?

as that makes them loud and kills them

Soldato
OP
Thermochill 120.2 arrived sharpish this morning!

Sent the 18W pump back today and they are hoping to get the 10W one posted out tomorrow as they are awaiting stock. Should have everything by Friday that means, so a weekend build!

Only bad thing is the Rad arrived with no screws and only 1 barb, company is sending another barb and screws tonight so I will hopefully get them in time!

Not having much luck with all these parts from different company's at the moment!

here are some pictures of the Thermochill 120.2 Rad and the Feser One UV Green!

DSC00883.jpg

Next to my Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm

DSC00879.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
PA120.2 should come with 4x self tapping screws per fan, a spare brass bleed screw and paper washer, and a neoprene gasket. Barbs aren't generally included (up to the individual reseller) and are usually ordered separately.

Soldato
OP
Hiya Tom,
If you send me your address then I will put you a 120.2 neoprene gasket and a spare brass bleed screw in the post tomorrow.
I will also send you 8 of the correct size screws.

Many thanks and kind regards

Steve Verity
Thermochill

15 minute turn around, very good customer service there, and I didn't even buy direct from them! :) Impressed!

Man of Honour
If you still have the box have a look under one of the flaps - found mine hidden there. You should also get a thermochill sticker :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah I found a sticker but that was it :(

I emailed Thermochill back as I wanted to see if they had other screw sizes as I need 35mm~ and they replied saying they have 8x37mm screws on the way to me :D

If you still have the box have a look under one of the flaps - found mine hidden there. You should also get a thermochill sticker :D

Ill have a quick looky :D

Soldato
OP
Just fitted the reservoir and CPU block and put everything back in the case.

The pumps didn't arrive in stock today so hopefully tomorrow and then I will get it Saturday I hope or I'll jsut order it from somewhere else tomorrow so that I do get it Saturday definitely! :)

Ill post a picture of the block and reservoir in the case tonight

Any recommendations for the loop order?

PUMP -> RAD -> CPU -> RES
^------------<---------------^

Will that loop be fine? Read quite a few things and a lot say it doesn't seem to matter that much!

If I add a GPU into the equation could I just do

PUMP -> GPU ->RAD -> CPU -> RES
^------------------<------------------^

Last edited:
Soldato
ideally you want the res feeding the pump and then to the rad but it's been show lately that it doesn't really matter too much at all.

quite a lot of watercooling myths have been debunked lately - just go with the easiest routing.

Soldato
OP
Right, the pumps arrived at the store at 5:30pm today.
Should be getting posted out tomorrow and I will have it Saturday!

I started putting the res and CPU block on today and the radiator.

Here's a few pictures anyway :)

The CPU block was SO easy to install, definitely easier than any air cooler I have ever tried, just have to make sure you don't put it on too tight as the board does bend a little!

Soldato
OP
DSC00890.jpg

Front view of case with door closed

DSC00892.jpg

Side view of case with door closed and radiator on the back

DSC00894.jpg

Close up of the radiator form the side - still need to sort out the gasket properly and I'm waiting for correct screws to arrive tomorrow hopefully!

DSC00895.jpg

Another closeup of the radiator and tubing

DSC00897.jpg

Front view of the case with the door open.
Samsung DVD-rw(quietest SATA drive I've ever had!)
Dual bay reservoir

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom