New Watercool Build Including EK Supreme! Not 56K Friendly!

Soldato
OP
DSC00898.jpg

Internal shot of the radiator and where the pump is going to fixed onto some rubber grommets so minimise vibrations

DSC00899.jpg

View of the motherboard with EK Supreme and tubing connected

DSC00900.jpg

Closeup of the Ek Supreme block! Didn't realise it picks up finger marks so much, will ahve to give it a little clean.
Also have jubilee clips round all the hosing connections, 7/16" tubing over 1/2" barbs is VERY tight, probably dont need them but better safe than sorry :)

DSC00903.jpg

Rear internal view of where the tubing enters/exits
Also have 1x4" UV cathode there, not sticking the 2 cathodes down until I know where is best, for maximum light :)

DSC00904.jpg

Side external shot of how she currently looks at 1:45am!
Time for bed, hopefully the 37mm screws from Thermochill will be here tomorrow and the pump on Saturday so I can leak test and start overclocking.

edit: Why did I say "she" in the last part? First word that just came into my head and now it seems wrong that I've said its a "she", weird!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you still have the box have a look under one of the flaps - found mine hidden there. You should also get a thermochill sticker :D

Sticker .. hmmm ... goes off to rip box apart ....

Looks to be coming along nicely, I agree with PeaOn, turn the rad round :) there should be a bleed screw at the opposite end to the barbs.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I wasnt sure on which way round the radiator should go! :)
Ill turn it round if its better the other way, yeah there is a bleed screw on the other end Vogon/Pea0n, makes more sense when I think about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont think its terribly important performance wise, but it makes for shorter/tidier tubing, and easier bleeding as your rad is the highest point in the loop :)

Associate
Ill turn it round if its better the other way, yeah there is a bleed screw on the other end Vogon/Pea0n, makes more sense when I think about it.

Thanks

Neither way round will be any easier, and neither orientation will affect performance. For the bleed screw to work, reservoir needs to be physically higher than the bleed screw - gravity does the bleeding. Either way up, you're gonna get airlocks in which ever tank is uppermost on the rad as it's the highest point in the loop. Only solution will be to lie the case down flat on it's side as tho you were working on mobo. When you do that, the inlet to the radiator should be the barb lowest to the floor with it in that position... and the lowest barb of the res in that position should be feeding the pump.

Soldato
OP
Changed the radiator around, made sure it was clean before puttint all the tubing on and I have put jubilee clips on every connection.

I was waiting for the pump to arrive yesterday but the company only got it yesterday. They sent it out RMSD guaranteed for today, Royal Mail website says it was signed for before 1pm, but reception say nothing has arrived, GREAT!
Have to wait until proof of delivery is available online so I can see who signed for it and check with reception, just what I needed when I have a lot of work to do next week!

Soldato
Looks good ;) pvc clips or cable ties should be just the job with 7/16" tubing , going to redo my loop this week with that tubing , you would have thought the 120.2 rad would be abit cheaper i have a 120.3 thermochill and the difference when i ordered was £7 , uv green is a popular colour looking forward to seeing that :) .

Soldato
OP
Pump should hopefully be here today or I will go nuts :(

Are there any real advantages of watercooling a graphics card?
It will be the GT or GTS, just wondering as if I build this loop and then decide to water cool the graphics card I will have to empty all the liquid out etc

Got an EK 88GT block sat next to me but just unopened, unsure if its worth £55-60 as will it heat up my CPU a lot being a 120.2?

Soldato
OP
Got the new pump!

Looks just like the old one so I won't bother uploading pictures, only difference is its 10W and not 18W.

Time to install it and get leak testing!

Ill get some photos once everything is in place :D

Soldato
OP
WOAH, radiator screw wasnt on properly and the liquid just shot out, hit my ceiling and went all over me and my room!
Comical moment of my day as I know glow in the dark along with my ceiling, floor, walls, radiator and just cleaned clothes :(

How long should I wait before turning the whole computer on if it has had Feser One on some of the components? Does it matter as it is de-ionised isnt it ?

Back
Top Bottom