Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Caporegime
Still cant do it, nearly did with a flashbang upstairs but in my panic i didnt stab the guy who was in my way, tried jumping over him

Im running straight past the guy in toilet as team mates do him then i take the guy on the right hand side in the corridor wait there for his buddys to run thru. Burst fire takes a lot of them down with head shots. Team mates support me and i clear up

Then into the next room a stun grenade from the right hand entry point, run to the wall that provides cover on the right. Wait for mates then run upstairs shooting.

From stair well i shoot a few guys, stun grenade and run for it.

Well thats the theory anyway, not made it yet :(

Caporegime
Okay, I'll try to do a text guide to help people.

1) Knife guy from toilet. Try to slash, not stab him.
2) Headshot guy on left of the partition immediately after knifing toilet man.
3) Throw flashbang to the back of the room immediately after headshotting guy on the left of partition, then crouch and sprint to the left side of chairs, shooting everyone are quickly and accurately as possible (should be 5 people lined up).
4) Run in to the next room through the right door, reload your gun, then throw a flashbang over the chair to blind the guys behind the table. You should have ~42-45 seconds on the clock.
5) Run in on the right hand side, crouch between chairs and shoot everyone who comes down the stairs (you may have to gamble on your team taking out those behind you [2 people]).
6) Reload your gun and run to the right of the stairs, thus facing the left hand door when you turn around, throw a flash into the back of the room before entry. Run in down the left channel of chairs shooting the guys on the left, middle and right of the room, shoot the guy behind the door and flash the corridor on the right (this should be your last flashbang.) Run to the counter infront of you, reload your gun once more.
7) Shoot as many people are you can, flicking between LT/L2 and RT/R2 as quickly as possible, killing around 5 people. Quickly reload once more. You should have ~12-16 seconds on the clock.
8) RUN! Shooting the person behind the chair on the rear left-most seat (through the seat from the hip).
9) As you approach the corner shoot everyone you can, don't waste too much ammo as there are 3 or 4 people here, though you CAN knife the last guy.
10) RUN! RUN! You have seconds left. Sprint towards the door and the hostage taker kicks the doors open. Shoot him to defeat the level.

Note: You must shoot him in the head in Veteran mode. In any other mode you can just shoot his leg (I tried this on Veteran :p).

Soldato
Anyone able to play on Live! last night? Since the update (could be a coincidence) I have been unable to join any games. Tried for about 15 minutes, would take much longer than normal to search for games and would connect to a lobby with only 2 people. Then, a few seconds later I would get the error message "the lobby has closed".

Anyone else seen this?

Soldato
Live seemed fine last night until about 9pm. It was really annoying as we managed to get 6 of us in a party, and we couldn't get into a game :(
tbh we even had trouble staying in a party as the game kept kicking us out every 1-2 minutes.

Hopefully it's not to do with the update - just a COD server glitch.

Soldato
I can understand coop being left out but ignoring online split screen with guests in unranked is unacceptable, especially considering it already has split screen local and lan, but oh well its not like the game is that great, fps's are all pretty standard in game play terms these days so cod3 and halo 3 will do the job, it would have been nice to add it as my modern shooter though. :(

Soldato
after 2 days and honestly thinking if i hear "hes started the countdown hes going to launch the remaining missiles" one more time id go nuts ive done it.

Weird thing is i didnt die once after that the next bit is really easy till the end of the level.

Next bit is a rails shooter by the look of it and im gonna go cook myself some tea then onward to the next bit.

Caporegime
lol. Some bits are tougher than others, but it's the same with everything.
It's not an 'on rails' shooter, however it's linear because it has to be. You'll find most things that are highly story oriented are linear.

Max Payne 1 and 2 are two of the most linear games I've played, but it was a massive benefit to the story and as a result, gaming perfection. The same could be said of Half-Life.

Most games are Linear without being an RPG or an RPG influenced shooter such as Mass Effect.

Soldato
The on rails bit i ment was the in the back of a truck bit, where your movement is truely "on rails" as such, same as the Blackhaw bits in GRAW1/2 and the earlier bits in the Shock and Awe level.

I noramally hate things like that and about the only exception i can think of is the death from above level which was for some reason i cant work out just amazingly fun...

Sure story has to restrict game design as most gamers need to be lead through a level almost (After listening to the commertary on portal i understand this even more now) but i do like the ilusion of freedom and choice to an extent.

Game size pretty much forces a liniar path for most shooters in fact i cant think of a 360 FPS that couldnt be described as if not on rails then at least in a bit of a grove. Its the one thing i think is more comman in PC shooters like Stalker (when it works) and Crysis.

Anyway I'm mainly a MP player anyway but I have to agree the story in COD4 is very well put toghter.

Caporegime
Yeah, you can, you choose "mission select" from the main menu, you have 5 options there:
  • Prologue
  • Act 1
  • Act 2
  • Act 3
  • Epilogue
Choose Epilogue from that menu, that's Mile High.

Back
Top Bottom