best 22" widescreen for gaming

Associate
just a quick question (dont want to make a new thread about it)

does the Samsung SM2232BW (the pebble version of SM226BW) also have the same problem with 3 types of panels? or just the one?

//nebs

SM226BW and

Associate
am using a Samsung 223BW which cost me £200. it is 5ms and the 2ms one was £230 but for the extra £30 ya not going to notice so on performance:value this is great !

Soldato
What are the chances now of getting an A-panel on the 226BW? Have they fixed the issue and are sending out mainly S panels or is it still risky?

Associate
My understanding is that they have moved all 226 BW panels to the S Panel but there are people who say that they have not. Your best bet is to call the seller to confirm. I think the new Pebble monitors will be guaranteed S-Panels but cannot say for sure.

Soldato
I received my 226BW today! I haven't checked which panel I have but all I know is that it is very clear, colours are all amazing, no backlight bleed as far as I can tell and perfect performance in games. Wish I could say the same for Vista!

Soldato
L226 WTQ seems very hit and miss ..really really mixed reviews.

The 2ms samsung reviews are generally more consistant from what i've seen even taking into account the panel lottery. The Iiyama 22" is apparently a definate S-panel from a samsung apparently? could be great if you can put up with its erm.."interesting" exterior looks :p

Associate
The Iiyama 22" is apparently a definate S-panel from a samsung apparently?
The Iiyama comes with a Samsung panel. Whether it's identical to the "S-panel" in SM226BW is a different question, I think I may have read somewhere it's a slightly different version. Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom