Top paid jobs in the uk

Soldato
16th (IT strategy), but I get paid way more than that (approx. double) because of the industry I work in (finance).

Soldato
18k is not a lot of money really and I certainly would not want to be up a ladder for a living for much less than that. Imagine if you fell off..........
I went to my Job but was given the wrong type of ladder, I Slipped and seriously injured my back, I got £26000 in compensation. Fallen over walking across the road? Given the wrong kind of shoe? You need professional help to get you the compensation you deserve.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Come to devon and you'll be luckly to see any of those numbers :p

Worse pay in england tbh, atleast we got a nice beach and lots of horny tourists :D

Only on 20k myself, IT admin for a small company (3 offices in the torbay area is it) and do freelance web design. Hell my boss is only on 26k and he does way more work than i do (shhhh dont tell him that :p)

I am in Devon, the jobs with those numbers are down here....

(although living in Torquay I work in Exeter)

And 60k a year and running out of money eveyr month?? Blimey, even with rent at a grand you've still got at least 2k after tax etc for things!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't even make the top 300 list. I'm officially living in severe poverty. :eek:

The widely accepted definition of poverty is having an income which is less than 60% of the national average (excluding the wealthiest members of society).

Average wage was £28100 according to that article. I'm on 46.2% of that, well under the poverty definition of 60%.

I live on my own in a decent house with 6 rooms, I have a freezer full of food and I have heating, etc. I have the expensive toy I'm writing this post on, which I recently upgraded. I'm poor, but that isn't severe poverty.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Mate i would truely love to, but would it not be an utter mare to get a long term permit or suchlike? £175k for a 4 bedroom house is insane, from what i gather houses are huge down there compared with ours in terms of square footage too.

It depends if you have the Skills we need or want down here:)

If you do we will keep you if not we will through you back:p

There is a imigration website somewhere explaining it a bit better then i just did though:p

BTW im just about to go rent a 2 Bedroom House for $175 aud a week with my grilfriend:)
Thats just out of a area which is growing really quickly aswell

Man of Honour
I'm first.

Proving that these lists are total rubbish since i don't get anything like that amount.
We wouldn't get out of bed for that much would we - you still up for that million dollar poker tournament in the Bahamas next week? I gotta take my 2nd favourite jet since the first is on loan :)

:D

Associate
I don't even make the top 300 list. I'm officially living in severe poverty. :eek:

Average wage was £28100 according to that article. I'm on 46.2% of that, well under the poverty definition of 60%.

I live on my own in a decent house with 6 rooms, I have a freezer full of food and I have heating, etc. I have the expensive toy I'm writing this post on, which I recently upgraded. I'm poor, but that isn't severe poverty.

Where do you live and how do you afford a 6 room house on less than 14000?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I'm somewhere between call centre agent and IT technician (role and salary) I earn below the national average but I can easily afford the rent on my 6-bed semi.
charactertoff4vi.gif

Soldato
Found this web site and it lists average salary for each of the uks major industries. It looks like i'm 65th Best paid (town planner) with planners taking a average of 34k. Some of the jobs like window cleaners get around 18k a year which is surprising!

Borich

You're doing us town planners a dis-service; we're 62nd not 65th! Clearly I got in to it for the money :p

Man of Honour
The amount of money they can earn is unimaginable. A colleague of mine has a brother who is a broker in the city. He got a £400,000 bonus last year and that's on top of his salary which is equally ludicrous:eek:

We're in the wrong line of work!

Yeah but you have to work like a dog and sacrifice a lot to get to that level, or be lucky or in the right place at the right time, or know the right people.

I'm all up for hard work and making a few sacrifices from time to time, but I prefer to work to live rather than live to work. After all what's the point in having money in the bank when you're dead! ;)

Man of Honour
Where do you live and how do you afford a 6 room house on less than 14000?
I live in the charming city of Stoke-on-Trent, which if I recall correctly was rated as the worst place in England. I can believe it - it's a festering sewer of a city, full of lowlives crawling around in urban decay. It's the only place I've been to where, for example, coughing on people is considered normal behaviour. A filthy, stinking landfill site of a city. Home.

I bought the house 10 years ago in a part of the city that has shockingly bad road access and is considered an undesirable area. It's actually a very quiet area, no real trouble at all. £28K for the house, which had just had new windows (cheap, no double glazing), new wiring, new plumbing and a new boiler. A bargain even then. My mortgage is about £200 a month. I could have got a 3-bedroom semi for £25K at the time, but it was in a poor state in an area I really wouldn't want to live in.

Also, I don't have a car. That reduces my expenses considerably, though it also reduces my choices.

I get by OK, which is enough for me.

Soldato
You obviously haven't been to anywhere in N.Ireland yet then..... One of the lowest paid places here (as in all of europe, the US and Canada) -only india has worse pay and to top it off, we now have one of the highest house prices in the UK.

From what I can see on that list......

And what I have experienced from 35 years of life.

Money isn't everything. Simply as.

The top paying jobs require devotion.... and by that I mean 70+ hours a week on call..... virtually no family time and a lot of your life chained to the company.

And if thats what life is all about....

Then you can keep all the money in the world. I would much rather have my wife and kids for most of my week and I feel a lot happier being at home with them having fun and not making someone else money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom