PC PROBLEMS EITHER MONITOR OR GRAPHICS CARD I THINK! *PLEASE HELP*

Associate
Hey, right well here is the problem in step form
1.I turn on my pc, monitor comes up with a little box in left hand corner saying analouge and then switching to digital every second or so, like it cant figure out which one its connected by.
2.It will go past the windows xp loading stage, then go black and will do the let hand box thing again, after a minute or so, it will restart my pc and do it again and again, then usually on the fourth or fifth time it might work and load up.
3.It might load up and work all night now, but sometimes it may do it again half way through me being on my pc, and i will have to restart my pc because there wont be anything i can do, except look at a black screen and watch the box at the left switch from analogue to digital.

Other things it does are
whilst in step 1, it might load windows xp the second or third time, with random patterns flowing downwards on the windows xp load screen only very tiny in width but all over the screen. It may also bring up the log in screen with weird blue boxes, like what you could imagine a website to look like with out a css sheet.
Whilst i am playing counter strike source, after 5 -15 minutes it may freeze black boxes may appear here and there, just randomly on the map and then i ll have to either restart my pc, or wait and try and escape the game.

Things i have done:
Re installed graphics drivers,
switched from digital dvi, to analogue
Re installed monitor drivers that are on the cd, only the analogue one.
Tampered with various settings on my nvidia control panel

Things that may be useful to know:
I used to run my pc with dual screens, before i got this screen
I recently reformatted my pc, at the end of september this started appearing last week.

My pc rig is
E6600 (not overclocked, nothing is)
OCZ 2gb ram
GeForce 7950gt
Asus motherboard
samsung hardrive
550w psu
samsung 206bw monitor
creative soundcard

Hope thats all that is needed, if you need any other information please just ask.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Will

Soldato
Have you downloaded any of the previous Nvidia Drivers?

Try that and see if any are stable.

Previously running dual screen would have made no difference as you have reformatted and re-installed XP.

Another idea would be to completely uninstall the drivers for your monitor, re-boot and see what the GFX identifies it as. Sometimes the GFX Card doesnt like monitor drivers installed. Then plug in the DVI Cable to see if picks it up.

Associate
try using just one stick of ram if you have the option to.

This sounds similar to my problem where one of my sticks gave up the ghost. All sorts of strange happenings till i narrowed it down.

Back
Top Bottom