HP w2207h - Get one !!!!

Associate
Just get it if you are looking for a 22" widescreen Monitor
Absolutely BRILLIANT piece of kit - no word of a lie !!!

I have a Samsung 226BW too, but my son can have that now - the HP is miles better in my eyes and I'm very critical when it comes to these things !!!

Just buy one - you will not regret it !! I was truely impressed by it this evening, and it wasn't even on my shortlist of monitors !!!

BTW - it has no DVI, but does have HDMI and VGA - PS3 works 100% @ 1080p !!!:D It even has calibration software - but do NOT use the ones that came in the box - go download it from HP USA site ( model w2207)

I got it from *Oi no competitors!* of all places and it only cost me £199 - bargain !!!!! ( Sorry OCUK - but you guys don't stock it !! )

I also use a DVI-HDMI adapter from my 8800GT, so get one of thiose. It does come with a HDMI cable which is nice !

Cheers !

PS. I do not work for HP !!;)

Last edited:

gpl

gpl

Associate
Does it still have the old ghosting problem or have they cured that now.
I play fast racing games and it would not be suitable for these games i am afraid , but it is a nice looking monitor.
Shame i nearly brought one untill we found this out.

Associate
OP
You might want to remove the competitor from your post.;)

Yeah Sorry OCUK !!! Didn't mean it that way ! I bought all my components from you anyway, so no hard feelings hey ? ;) Mind you, start stocking these and they will FLY out the door !!!!

There were NO ghosting, NO backlight issues, NO dead or stuck pixels - seriously ! I played a bit of STALKER and it looked absolutely GORGEOUS !!!!

In fact - in about two hours I will be heading off the *that other place* to go buy another one for my son to use for his PS3.

I know some don't like the stand - but it actually adds to the sturdiness of the monitor and the built quality overall is excellent ( it can even PIVOT like the higher end monitors ) - really this is one solid monitor and weighs a ton !!!!! I cannot believe it sells for so little.

It has built in speakers too, but I don't use those, and they are inside the bezel somewhere - so you cannot see them !

Again, I'm not into reviewing stuff, and singing the praises of a particular component, but I can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality, exceptionally well built and gorgeous looking monitor.:)

Oh yeah, and did I say it does 1080p via HDMI from the PS3 ? Very nice !!!!:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know how they got them so cheap, but these are very, very good indeed. They're not the cheapest 22" monitor out there, but they are excellent - especially if you do any design work or you actually care about the positioning of your workstation as they adjust pretty much every way possible.

Look out for a further price cut in January though, so my spies tell me.

Soldato
i've just had one delivered - not calibrated yet, nor tried any games, but 1st impressions very good.

Doesn't appear to have any backlight bleed. Viewing angles could be worse. Love the stand - very adjustable!

this is the hdmi verison w2207h. Its believed to have some small improvements over the last model.

Will post more later :)

Edit -
Ok, I've had a go at UT3 which is quite a fast game - no ghosting that I've noticed, but then my eyes are well accustomed to LCDs now. Also played HL2 COD4. Response time seems quite a bit better than my last LCD, an 8ms Sammy 913n, but thats no suprise! In HL2 you can notice the change in colours at the top of the screen as you move your head up and down - no suprise since it's a TN screen. Noticed some bleed while playing gears of war, but it was fairly limited - still quite a good panel for playing dark games due to it's good reproduction of dark colours.

Love the sheer size of the picture. Widescreen highly recommended. Colours and contrast are fantastic. The glossy screen gives everything a non-LCD look, it's great. It's no where near as reflective as a CRT screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom