so i got myself a psp!

Soldato
so, i got myself a psp yesterday from my work for a tenner. what the hell do i do with it to make the most out of it? e.g do i need a memory stick to make full use of it? as i dont have one of those yet, and what is the best size to go for? i dont want to know about any hacks. but, what version of software do you guys reccomend i should upgrade/downgrade to to get the most out of this machine? oh, and what game should i get? Cheers :D

Caporegime
Daxter is a cracking little game.
WipeOut Pure comes recommended too.

I get away with a 256mb Memory Stick, though bigger is always better when it comes to listening to MP3's when travelling (as you can't play games on the shiny screen :p).

Associate
Associate
Not into MGS myself, but I hear from the faithful that the Metal Gear games are good, likewise the Syphon Filters.

For something fun you can't go wrong with Daxter or Ratchet & Clank Size Matters.

FF Tactics will consume your life if you're into strategy/RPG games though :)

Soldato
Gitaroo Man and Parappa the Rappa are brilliant if you like rhythm/music games, obviously lumines 1 and 2 as well are great.

My favorite game though is ghouls and ghosts, its fantastic, and also really really hard.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the replies guys! i think i'll check out a few of those games :) heh... yeh it was only a tenner, and never been handled by humans before, BUT, it was from an official sony display cabinet constantly turned on. no dead pixels though. the battery is futoo though. :p cheers :D

Caporegime
I remember buying Lumines for 1200 points from the Xbox Marketplace and being soooo disappointed. I'd heard all these comments about it being awesome, but Tetris it is not :(.

The controller on the 360 does not really lend itself to these type of games. On the PSP it came into its own (Lumines 1 was the first game I bought with launch day PSP, and Lumines 2 when I got the Slim and Lite).

On the 360 version (which I also buckled and bought for the high price, just did not do it for me, and the lag online was a bit rubbishy).

These kind of puzzle games come into their own on handhelds on the way to work imo.

For high score freaks like me, this is a must own game!!!!

rp2000

Soldato
OP
just went out and bought final fantasy tactics for the psp. i think i was had though. cost me flippin 25 quid! ah well... not playing it til xmas anyway the missus is gonna wrap it up an give it to me as a present :)

Associate
The controller on the 360 does not really lend itself to these type of games. On the PSP it came into its own (Lumines 1 was the first game I bought with launch day PSP, and Lumines 2 when I got the Slim and Lite).

On the 360 version (which I also buckled and bought for the high price, just did not do it for me, and the lag online was a bit rubbishy).

These kind of puzzle games come into their own on handhelds on the way to work imo.

For high score freaks like me, this is a must own game!!!!

rp2000

True, it is a different experience having owned both. Lumines Live is still a very good game though.

The only bad thing about Lumines 2 is Gwen Stafani, that song is one of the worst I've ever heard :(

Caporegime
True, it is a different experience having owned both. Lumines Live is still a very good game though.

The only bad thing about Lumines 2 is Gwen Stafani, that song is one of the worst I've ever heard :(

I turn off the music, and the videos in the background just distract me (I am desperately trying to get over 100,000 in the 30 second single lap mode at the moment. The only mode I haven;t got number 1 in the local high score table for :( )

Any idea (if you know) what the "slowest" skin is? I have unlocked about 30 and am bored of judging them by eye to see which is slowest, and I don't want no FAQs etc.

rp2000

Associate
I turn off the music, and the videos in the background just distract me (I am desperately trying to get over 100,000 in the 30 second single lap mode at the moment. The only mode I haven;t got number 1 in the local high score table for :( )

Any idea (if you know) what the "slowest" skin is? I have unlocked about 30 and am bored of judging them by eye to see which is slowest, and I don't want no FAQs etc.

rp2000

No idea sorry :D

Associate
so, i got myself a psp yesterday from my work for a tenner. what the hell do i do with it to make the most out of it? e.g do i need a memory stick to make full use of it? as i dont have one of those yet, and what is the best size to go for? i dont want to know about any hacks. but, what version of software do you guys reccomend i should upgrade/downgrade to to get the most out of this machine? oh, and what game should i get? Cheers :D

I just got a psp last week. second hand one come with a 1g. I went to a local shop to get a m33 3.71 for £20. now I can play some homebrew games.

If you like to put a lot of mp3 and movies. get memroy size 4g above.
otherwise 2g is more than enough to play game.

Back
Top Bottom