Virgin Media... who else just died?

Man of Honour
i only ever hear bad things about virgin media... quite glad i'm not with them
It's far more reliable than adsl. You actually get the speed you sign up to for a start. Which is a big problem if you live in an older area, as the phone lines and boxes are rubbish.

Soldato
Mine went out for a little while (London), doesn't really bother me, it went out for a couple of days earlier this year which bothered me a lot more.

Still a good connection though.

Soldato
It's far more reliable than adsl. You actually get the speed you sign up to for a start. Which is a big problem if you live in an older area, as the phone lines and boxes are rubbish.

I've never had the speed I signed up for. I was on 4Mb until a few months ago, and the fastest we had on that was 2Mb. Now it's supposed to be 20Mb and we're lucky to get 4.

Soldato
I've never had the speed I signed up for. I was on 4Mb until a few months ago, and the fastest we had on that was 2Mb. Now it's supposed to be 20Mb and we're lucky to get 4.

Do you use a router? Which modem do you use? Webstar and Surfboard should be giving you 20mb.

Soldato
It is never "4mb" or "20mb" or any other number. It is always "up to xxmb".

Which in theory means they could hook up your house with a piece of garden twine and empty baked bean tin and still be providing you with up to 20mb :p

Permabanned
The main reason I'd never go with cable is the fact you are now stuck with one provider and you'll have to pay BT £125 if you decide you want to go back to adsl. There are definitely far more negative threads about Virgin Media on the various forums lately (even forgetting their TV service) no matter what anyone says.

Associate
yup, was d/c for about half hour.. all back to normal now..

during that half hour i felt i was in a whole new world, like i could become president or something if i put my mind to it.. ah back to normal now though

Soldato
Please find details below of this service affecting issue.

Raised : 17 Dec, 2007 22:09
Name : Ben Appleton, Outage Surveillence Team
Ticket Number : 616024
Estimated Resolution : 4 Hours
Priority : MSO
Services Affected: Broadband Internet, Digital TV

Description :
Some customers Nationally may currently be
experiencing a loss all Digital & Broadband
services.
Our engineers are aware of the issue and are
working to restore normal service as quickly as