Cooking Yorkshire pudding at 4am with Zip

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I got a bit Hungy(After all its around my lunch time now due to night shifts) So i decided to try something i have never cooked before.

I had all the ingrediants, Mixed them up.

Preheated the oven.

Put oil in the baking trys

Every thing was fine and dandy until i turned around...........................................

OMG!

I saw smoke Puffing out the oven like a train so i ran over there thinking "****, The house is going to go up!"
So i oppened the Oven which soon Turned filled the room which i have taken photos of:p(Taken about 5 minutes after with the sliding door wide open to get the smoke out)

100_7068.jpg

100_7067.jpg

What caused it was the damm oil over flowing due to a slighty warped pan and a little bit much oil.
The oil all dripped onto the bottom of the oven and was burning up in smoke in impact(No fire thank god!)

To solve the problem i got some Tongs and a Tea towel and wrapped up the tea towel and grabbed hold of it with the tongs and mopped up alll the excess oil with it:D

In the end the Puddings turned out pretty good and the room still smells like smoke an hour later:cool:

I hope you enjoyed Cooking with Zip:p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Aw, no pictures of the puds. :(

After taking photos of the smoke i was crawling around on the ground just so i could breath:p

I have 3 left but i ate the best looking ones:D

At this point I think a Fire Officer would enquire about smoke alarms.

That was the second move after making sure there was no fire :p

I ran up and shut the passage door so the alam wouldnt go off an wake every one:D

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
100_7073.jpg

The camera made them look a bit Yellower for some reason :confused

anyway its not bad for a first attempt and with the excitment of almost burning the house down :D

Edit: Sunblest, The Australian Equivalent to Hovis:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom