Contact lenses help.

Associate
I just got contact lenses, daily disposables.
They showed me quickly how to put them in etc, but im still a little iffy on one thing. Whether the contacts are inside out or not? Whats the best way to tell?

And if I did put them in 'inside out' what would the effect be?

Soldato
Mine hurt when they are inside out, you can definitely tell though. They feel funny when you blink.

They change shape when they are inside out too, so may look odd, kind of like a wine glass shape.

Soldato
Inside out feels slightly uncomfortable, you'll know it when it happens once you get used to them.

The easiest way to tell beforehand is to have it on your finger, if the edges curl up to form a semi circle they are fine. If they curl down at the edges again then its inside out.

Soldato
No problems in the shower.

I keep mine in all the time, even slept in them a few times. Although mine are monthlies.

They've been through a lot :p had them since I was 12!

Aod

Aod

Soldato
eurg. i'd hate to have contact lenses. i can't stand anything going remotley near my eyes. i can't even have eyedrops.

you're all very brave!

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I couldn't live without my contacts. One of the best decisions I ever made.

If they're inside-out then you will see a little lip around the edges. You'll certainly feel it anyway.

Associate
balance the lens on your finger and look at the side if its like part of a sphere its ok if its inside out then the edges turn down a little ,

but you have paid for sevice with the lens go back to the opts and ask them to show you keep asking utill you are happy

I used to wear them but now my arms are not long enough :D

Associate
Basically I wear mine all the time, apart from sleeping at night, pool, shower, bath, sports etc no problems.

Though I can imagine if you opened your eyes underwater they may come out, but I've worn mine swimming without goggles and have gone under water and never had a problem.

As for checking if their inside out, the new generation are harder to see the ridge when you hold them on the end of your finger, but you'll know within a minute of having them in your eyes if they're the wrong way round as they'll start to annoy you very quickly. Best Idea is to come up with a technique for taking them out of they're cases so to avoid the possibility.

Worn contacts for 20 odd years now and love them.

Taff

Soldato
Though I can imagine if you opened your eyes underwater they may come out, but I've worn mine swimming without goggles and have gone under water and never had a problem.

Yeah they do, happened to me a couple of times when I've dived in. They stay in if you squint under water though, although you shouldn't really do that :o

Soldato
I can never tell when they are inside out until they go in my eye, it's just a matter of luck for me. I think it's easier to tell if you have a higher prescription (> 3.0) because the lens's are a little thicker. I wear them whilst swimming without any problems, you may want a bottle of eye drops to keep them, refreshed though.

Caporegime
I want the new ones you get once a month and don't take out at all.

But id still have to take em out for labs on a Monday :(

Associate
I have often thought about contacts but it kind of gives me the creeps as I find it very difficult to even use eye drops ,So I think I would have a major problem trying to put contacts in !

Associate
Right way = teacup
Wrong way = saucer

15485098qg2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom