What are these and what do they do?

Caporegime
If memory serves me correctly, those capacitors help provide a voltage boost to the motor, in order to help the motor quickly build up speed.

I believe washers have capacitors on their motors - just not dainty orange smarties. ;):D

Possibly, or they could just be noise removal.

Man of Honour
Its my understanding that they kill of electrical noise from the motor brushes ect, so they A) dont cause the radio control to mess up/act iratically B) and b, stop electrical noise/distrubance/feedback damaging the control circuit / rc circuit in the car.

I think, in this application they are called "Smoothing Capacitors" but i might be wrong

Merry Christmas

Associate
Its my understanding that they kill of electrical noise from the motor brushes ect, so they A) dont cause the radio control to mess up/act iratically B) and b, stop electrical noise/distrubance/feedback damaging the control circuit / rc circuit in the car.

I think, in this application they are called "Smoothing Capacitors" but i might be wrong

Merry Christmas

correct

but they are not smoothing in this case the are to suppress the RFI ( radio Frequenct Interferance) to stop the care going crazy

Back
Top Bottom