Don't like one of my presents - do I say anything?

Caporegime
Hello all,

Now in general I'm always wearing a wristband or some sort and recently I've been wearing a set of 3 bead strings and a Ben Sherman chain on my right wrist. For Xmas Mum has bought me a wrist chain similar to my BS one but it's like a Chrome colour.

In my opinion it's horrid, way way to bling for me, and will/would never wear it.

Do I say anything? I got lots of other really nice gifts which I'm very grateful for, but this thing is just going to sit in the cuboard, it's got the price tag and didn't cost much.

Question is do I say anything? Mum's likely to turn around and say "How come your not wearing your new chain? :)"

Help!

Soldato
Yeah just be honest with her, and say its not really your thing, and would she mind if you changed it. Im sure she would rather you had something that you liked and would wear.
You dont have to be hurtful, just say your not keen on it.

Caporegime
Depends on how expensive it was?

If it was I would, if it wasn't that expensive then I would just leave it.

But if it cost a wee bit then I would say something.

Permabanned
only you know how your mum is likely to react.

but personally, i'd just wear it round the house all the time, and not wear it outside, doesn;t cost you any and makes your mum happy.

Soldato
Definitely, surely she would rather have gotten you something you will wear than let her money go to waste :)

i got a shirt and wallet, straight away said they're nice but not what I would use so I'm swapping them! Mum said the wallet isn't worth getting a refund on as its just from some random small shop, I might as well keep it and use it if I ever have to!

Caporegime
OP
Depends on how expensive it was?

According to said price tag £4

Think I'm going to say something, thinking about it - I'd rather she knew before asking why I wasn't wearing it.

Cheers all! :)

EDIT: Her and Dad are hitting the champers as we speak. She's a light weight so I'll give it half an hour and break the ice :p

Soldato
Say nothing. Christmas is about giving gifts aswell as recieving them. Only say something maybe if you're mam asks and offers a receipt for anything.

Soldato
I would have worn it now and again for about a week round her (not out). After that she would have forgotten.

I got two identical presents today (Bourne Boxset from someone and Bourne Untimatsomething from someone else... The people who got me them are both here but haven't noticed, i'm not going to say anything... But thats just me).

Soldato
My dad seems to overestimate my weight, he bought me a coat in xl and a tshirt in large when I try to fit in smalls as much as I can, ah well, he left the receipts so I just won't tell him and get the same but smaller :p

that's my cunning plan.

Associate
Can go either way when getting presents you don't like, just depends on how the other person sees it. My mum got a dvd from my brother, but she was expecting something else from him (from past hints etc) . Unfortunately she said something and lets just say it didn't go down too well, it died down in the end but lets just say not the best start to a christmas day i've ever had. :(

Back
Top Bottom