COD 4 - Extremely high server pings

Soldato
I am getting very bad pings on all COD4 servers. Even the lowest I see is 100, but most are around 500. What's the deal here? All my other multiplayer games are fine, even on the console. I'm on Telewest (Virgin Media) @ 4mb. Any ideas?

Associate
Have you connected to the servers and seen your ping while in the server? With the latest patch the server browser has been a bit weird for me showing some high pings etc.

Soldato
hmm, never had ping problem only when my internet plays up, but normally your fine with pings upto about 120 anyway

Caporegime
something about the COD4 netcode doesnt add up

my in game ping reports at 50 or 60 or so

but if i ping the server outside of a game,i get like 30ms

this tallys up with what i get in Source games. So something with COD4 pings isnt right.

Associate
something about the COD4 netcode doesnt add up

my in game ping reports at 50 or 60 or so

but if i ping the server outside of a game,i get like 30ms

this tallys up with what i get in Source games. So something with COD4 pings isnt right.

In cod4 bring down the console and enter cl_maxpackets 100. That should sort your ping out.

Caporegime
Hmm, I've found COD4 to be good on pings (average sub 50 here!) Ironically, I'm finding low pings with Battlefield 2 nearly impossible to find! :confused:

B.T. 8MB Fixed (i.e. not wireless) ADSL Broadband.

Associate
Yep I'm on 8MB BT as well, pings are always around 30 on UK servers.

You just need to make sure your max packets are set to 60 or 100, cl_maxpackets 100 should give you the best bullet reg and ping.

Back
Top Bottom