Do you garage your car?

Soldato
no i dont, and here's why:

My garage:

garagepan1.jpg

Permabanned
I agree, the 300 is going to waste. However, the BMW is not my mums, and yes, as a matter of fact I do park my car in the garage, how deranged would you have to be to go on about something which isn't even true.

Just for you, here is a repost of a pic I took for the 'dirty dirty' thread last week.

Clearly parked in the garage.

Fair enough but never mind being exposed to the elements its already got half of yorkshire on the bonnet. You care about your car but its obviously in a total state.

Caporegime
Nope, full of the old mans crap and his bike.

Don't think he would be too happy with me putting it in, would love a garage though.

Soldato
of course, can't stand having it sat outside all the time, exposed to the elements, no way! It is beyond me how people can own a garage and not park their car in it.

Um.. It's a car, it's exposed to the elements daily :confused:

I have a garage but it would be a right PITA getting it out in the morning when I'm in a rush so it sits on the drive.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10774167 said:
That so needs cleaning.

Fair enough but never mind being exposed to the elements its already got half of yorkshire on the bonnet. You care about your car but its obviously in a total state.

It was cleaned the next day, only reason it stayed dirty so long was because it was dark already when I got back. It was so laughably dirty I had to take a pic, thats all from just 1 days drive in Shropshire.

Soldato
Um.. It's a car, it's exposed to the elements daily :confused:

I have a garage but it would be a right PITA getting it out in the morning when I'm in a rush so it sits on the drive.

But if its frosty out (which it is most of the time in the winter) then what really would be a PITA is having to defrost the car before setting off, not what you want when in a rush I think you will agree ;)

And exposed to the elements it may be, but only when it is in use.

Permabanned
It was cleaned the next day, only reason it stayed dirty so long was because it was dark already when I got back. It was so laughably dirty I had to take a pic, thats all from just 1 days drive in Shropshire.

Dont lie :)... experience tells me that is NOT one days drive.

how deranged would you have to be to go on about something which isn't even true.

Soldato
Mine gets garaged, but I live in a new purpose built apartment block with secure parking on the ground floor. If I leave it out on the street than I have to pay and display!

It's nice not having to get the ice scraper out, downside if the muck sticks to the car as there's no rain to clean it off. Remote garage door too :D

My dad has a garage and religiously sticks his car in it. The old one (1930's wooden one) fell down about 5 years ago so he spend a small fortune on a new Volvo estate size one.

Soldato
Dont lie :)... experience tells me that is NOT one days drive.

honest guv :p hardly typical though. I was following a mate back to his place in market drayton from telford. I didn't know the way so was following fairly closely at times, it was raining and one particular NSL road was really muddy, hence all the filth over the front, the sides weren't all that dirty. It had gotten dark before I left his, I had to pull over after about half a mile and clean the lights off because the visibility was somewhat poor :p

Soldato
But if its frosty out (which it is most of the time in the winter) then what really would be a PITA is having to defrost the car before setting off, not what you want when in a rush I think you will agree ;)

And exposed to the elements it may be, but only when it is in use.

I wouldn't know I've never had frost this year, the side of my house seems to shelter my car against it, when every other car is frosted solid :eek:

Adz

Adz

Soldato
When I lived with my mum, I only ever had one car which could make it down the driveway and into the garage without grounding out. I therefore used the garage as a storeroom - took me 2 van loads to clear it a few weeks ago.

At my place I don't have a garage. I do have extremely secluded off road parking but my car is so wide you have to fold the wing mirrors in to get it down the access 'road' so it stays in the street :(.

Soldato
No. Its full of tools/DIY stuff/junk.

Even if it wasn't, I doubt I'd bother with something I use everyday. A weekend car maybe, but getting it in and out each day is too much hassle.

Soldato
Nope, it's too thin or I would.

Just out of curiousity? how wide is the garage?

Reason i ask is you have a CTR, i know the dimensions as its likely to be my next car. They're only approx 1700mm wide or so which is pretty narrow compared to almost any other modern car. I have a 7ft wide garage and its no probs once you get used to it and wouldn't be for me in a CTR either.

Unless its unbelievably narrow i can't see a prob, you might be surprised?

Oh , yea i do...mainly because of little ****'s playing football in our road :)

Last edited:
Associate
Nope, garage is full of BMX's, mountain bikes, fish tanks, power tools, ladders, wind surfers, paint, old washing machines, chest freezer, dryer, old furniture, bits from various cars from over the years, the list goes on!

Back
Top Bottom