My dads car just been broken into,want to ask a few questions.

Soldato
My dad went to play football earlier and stupidly left his phone in the car along with his boot bag and some low life smashed his side windows to take the phone. If my dad claims his insurance to get the window fixed would he lose his NCB?(I heard windscreen claims does not affect insurance so not sure if side windows are the same.) Hes with More Than if its any help.

Thanks.

Permabanned
Read your policy but im guessing yes he would lose NCB unless he has protected NCB.

Usually not losing NCB is for "wear and tear" repairs on the windscreen, cracks/stone chips etc and depending on your insurer has its own excess amount for repairs.

A smashed side window is something different IMO, however as I said read your policy.

Associate
smashed glass is usualy covered the same as the windscreen. although if the policy has a £150 excess for WS it would be the same for side glass , get a quote first it will be cheaper

if its more the get a quote before you get the insurers involved then do the sums to find your break evan point , do not forget to tell them when you get a quote its not for an insurance claim , it should be cheaper

Soldato
he shouldnt do. I had my rear window smashed by chavs. Cost me £75 on the insurance, but didnt loose my no claims. Ring you insurer as a 'new customer' with a question and find out :)

Back
Top Bottom