2GB memory
120GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM
going to get the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple wireless Mighty Mouse

lots of fun i hope :)

Last edited:
Soldato
This is the same spec MBP i got for xmas, and i love it can't fault it at all.

It's very quiet, very fast, looks amazing, feels really nice to type. I installed windows xp on it today, and the process couldn't be any easier. All you had to do was run bootcamp assistant, it tells you how big you want to partition the drive, reboot with xp and install. When you get to windows, put in leapord cd and it automatically installs all the drivers, you don't have to do anything!

As for the mac to windows shortcuts 2 fingers on touchpad and click for right click, command+backspace for delete, it's really no hassle at all to get used to it.

Oh and WoW works awsome on it, so smooth at max res :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

This is the same spec MBP i got for xmas, and i love it can't fault it at all.

It's very quiet, very fast, looks amazing, feels really nice to type. I installed windows xp on it today
..I stopped reading after that :p

Kidding! Do you need Windows or do you just want it for games?

Permabanned
OP
i got a ps3 for games i want it to take over from my main pc
should it be a lot light then my xps m1710 and cooler
?

Associate
looks like I have joined the club, just orders a MBP 2.2 there seems to be a long shippment time est dispatch 4 Jan 2008 ( OK ) but del date 15/16 Jan 2008 .

Where do they come form ?
I have had shipped a power feed for my milling machine from the west coast USA in 3 days door to door

Soldato
Yep, welcome to Apples slow delivery. One thing you have to get used to when ordering with Apple.

The Macs come from Shanghai usually and refurbs from Ireland iirc. It takes forever if you order any accessories as the Mac and accessories come from different places and have to 'merge in transit'.

But yeah, took two weeks for my MacBook Pro to come, although Apples tracking page is useless as it came way before the estimated delivery date (bare in mind it took two weeks because I ordered the day they were released).

Use Apecode to track with your 80xxxxxxxx number for proper tracking.

Associate
yes I do have a few goodies with it and do have merge in UK on the trcking page , still its better than 6 months for a new car that was built 30 miles down the road ( Toymota ), or 12 weeks for a new lathe thats only 5 miles away the rub with the car was they charged the same del as if I was at the other end of the country

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The sticky has a good pick of "Essential apps"

Also, there's a beginners guide to installing/deleting apps, running Windows on the Mac and a few handy FAQs :)

Back
Top Bottom