(fast-ish) Car for my parents!

Soldato
Hey,

My parents are a bit fed up with their current car! It's a 53 plate Focus ST170. 32k on the clock. They're past car history includes a MK3 2.0 16v Golf, a MK3 2.8 VR6 Golf, Volvo V40 T4 and the most recent, a MK4 2.8 V6 4motion.

My parents loved the MK4 V6 4motion and wish they never got rid of it, but after forking out £1.5k for a reconditioned rear differential they decided to avoid any future costs and sold it.

Now they're a bit bored of the Focus, ok.. maybe it is practical, but they've never really enjoyed driving it like they did with the 4WD golf.

Their budget is limited to the trade in price + 1k or so. £6k-7k. They're saving to emigrate in a few years so dont want to spend much more than that.

Any recommendations for something 'fast-ish' along the lines of VW's or Audi's?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Yeah I showed them it and it seems they prefer the new shape now, which I laughed at. No chance on anything newer than that for the money.

Soldato
I'm guessing they like cars that they don't have to work too hard to get at the power (and also they like VAG). Seat Toledo/VW Bora V5s (I know it's a step down from a VR6) might suit them or if they're prepared to go smaller a Skoda Fabia VRS could be the answer.

Another option is a V6 Mondeo Ghia.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10778232 said:
No, they are barganious cheap performance cars, but not 'seriously nice'. The interior stops that, as does the somewhat plain styling. Good cars, and easy to recomend, however.

I mean nice looking.. okay conceeded, they're just nice lol.

Back
Top Bottom