• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Getting angry with nvidia now

Soldato
Whats with all the god damn TDP issue crap which they still havent fixed since the 100 series forceware? Everygame I play baring WOW gives me a black screen and usually crashes and vista reports the graphics card driver having to restart. Theres a thread on the nvidia forums with 25000 other users reporting the same problem -.-

Next payday im going to buy an ATI card and sell my 8800GT tbh

Associate
Because it's incredibly hard to download Rivatuner and up the fan speed by 5% to have one of the best value cards ever with great games for it, i definitely see that. And ATI has never had any problems with excessive wattage or heat, and have always had good fans, i see, 2900 and all.

Dude relax, every company has problems sometimes, and this isn't an ATI/Nvidia thing, yes Nvidia made a bad design decision, but you can fix it yourself by upping the fan speed just a bit. Who knows, you might even appreciate the extra MHZ you can get out of overclocking it, if you give it another 5%.

Caporegime
Presumably you are not overclocking anything whatsoever?

The graphic driver crashing could be caused by unstable cpu/mem etc and Vista is much more sensitive since it uses the graphic card more.

Soldato
OP
I would try a FRESH install of windows, its not Nvidia's faulty that you are experiencing these problems..

this is my 3rd install of vista 64 in 4 days mate

card is an 'ocuk' 8800GT 512mb which infact is a jetway

Nothing in my system is overclocked at all and theres supposedly no compatibility issues with the kit im using. Does exactly the same thing on my mates pc. Really irritating.

Associate
What are your temps when playing? I used to get this all the time with company of heroes and just minor corruption in CoD4.

Last edited:
Associate
I found a cure for this on my system, i dropped from 4gb of ram to 2gb and never had the issue again, asa i put in the extra sticks instantly brings back the prob???was wondering if it was just my corsairs? will be trying some different brands later on.

Soldato
I had driver issues with both a 6800 U and a 7800GT. Dropped them both for a X1900XT and a X1900XTX and haven't had a Bluescreen since.

Good riddence TBH.

Associate
Now this im not sure but I couldnt hear the fan going. Now I can hear it properly and just went from start to finish on the crysis demo so its defo sorted now.

Its funny because people on the nvidia forum have posted so much about this problem being a driver problem even tho the only people to fix it have changed their hardware in some way. (Myself I Vacuumed out my card).

Does it work with 4Gb of ram now?

Soldato
OP
not tried it yet but tbh I think thats another problem entirely where my mobos dimm 4 slot doesnt work properly as each of my ram sticks works fine in any order with no errors in memtest but wont all work with each other.

CPU-z and everest say they all have the same serials and week manufacturing date etc so they are all identical lol

Back
Top Bottom